Done For

Sam Winchester x Reader
Synopsis: Going on a vampire hunt with Sam turns out to be more complicated than expected.

"I can't believe Dean let us borrow the Impala!" You squealed as you cuddled closer to the man currently driving said car. He had one hand on the steering wheel, and one arm draped around the back of the seat, brushing against your shoulder.

"Well he didn't have much of a choice with that broken leg keeping him grounded." Sam answered.

You ran your hand up and down his thigh, squeezing his knee feeling his leg tense underneath your hand. "Poor Dean. Hopefully he won't run out of pie."

"He can always eat a salad." Sam teased. "But at least it gives you and I some alone time."

"Which we don't get enough of." You agreed as Sam pulled over in front of a small hotel. You went in to book a room while Sam pulled the bags from the back.

Opening the door, you shrugged at the site of the double bed covered in a bright floral comforter, the walls matching. For a moment you felt as if you were in some creepy rain forest, and a monkey was going to swoop in at any moment.

"Now what?" You asked him, wanting nothing more than to pull him down on that lumpy bed, and not leave it for hours.

"I think we shouldn't waste any time here. We already know where the Vamps are located, why wait." He told you as he opened the door. You looked back at the bed once more before joining him, hoping the hunt would end quickly so you could get back here.

Sliding back into the seat that was still warm, you didn't pay much attention as Sam drove through the smaller town. He passed small houses, boarded up shops, even a an old abandoned mill showcasing this town didn't have far to go before it joined the list of ghost towns in this state. Maybe that's why the Vampires picked this town, thinking their victims would be cataloged as running away from the despair filling this town to the brim.

"Looking at the map, there's an old fire station about a block from here that's at the center of all the activity." Sam muttered, more to himself than anything, but you didn't mind. Both of you were getting into the right frame of mind for the hunt, ready to take down a small pack of Vampires between the two of you.

"A fire station? Why would a fire station be empty?" You asked him, as pulled up to the side of the aging brick building. The main door was boarded shut, the windows long since cracked and shattered. A fire truck lay forgotten outside, it's tires flat and windshield grimy. The sign was hanging on by a screw, tilted to the side. It was a sad sight, reminding the town of better times and higher hopes.

"I think it became too expensive to run, so now they just have a water truck at the police station." Sam explained, as he unfurled his long and lean body from the car, moving towards the trunk. You followed him, stocking up on dead man's blood and machetes. "So I think we should both go in the side door, stick together as a team."

You quickly interrupted him. "I disagree. I think it would be better if we split up. One through the back door, one through the side. It's a big area to cover, and we would work better that way."

He frowned, not liking your plan at all. "But I..." He started, but you continued to shake your head and he gave up. "Fine, but you scream, whistle, anything to let me know if you get in trouble. Don't take on too much."

You nodded, patting him on the shoulder. "Don't worry, I got this. Now you take the back, I'll slide in the window right there."

Leaning down, he placed a quick, chaste kiss on your lips. "Please be careful."

With that he strode off, his long legs eating up the cracked sidewalk. You watched the view for a moment before walking up to the side of the broken and shattered building. A garbage can stood off to the side, right below the window, and you hoisted yourself onto it. The window was busted completely out, and you peered inside, noticing nothing but darkness and the smell of mold. "Here goes nothing." You thought to yourself, sliding in and through the window, landing with a tiny grunt on the ground.