Food For the Soul

Dean X Reader

Synopsis: It was always hard when you couldn't save someone. Thankfully Dean was always there to help you through the rough patches. *I wrote this for a challenge on Tumblr, and that's why that sentence is in bold. 

"Where there's life, there's hope, and need of vittles

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Where there's life, there's hope, and need of vittles." Dean announced suddenly before shoving the entire slice of pizza into his mouth, turning his serious and comforting talk into something silly and outrageous, exactly what you had needed.

An hour earlier:

"No!" You screamed, watching as the Demon grabbed the little girl's neck, snapping it sharply without warning. You heard the distinct crack of her vertebrae before he let go of her and she fell lifeless to the ground. Her blue eyes stared up at you, still full of pain and fear, and it broke your heart that you weren't able to help her. Looking up at you, the Demon's eyes were nothing but black pools of hatred and evil. His lip was curled in an evil smile, before he pursed his lips together in a creepy semblance of a kiss.

"Wasn't that fun?" He asked, before taking a step forward, across the littered floor of the abandoned hospital. Stalking would have been the better word for it. His steps long and sure, his smile never leaving his face as he moved towards you. Your heart breaking for the girl you couldn't save, you tried to stay calm and collected, wanting nothing more than to ram your borrowed Demon killing blade into his heart, watching as he flickered orange as he died. 

"No, it wasn't, you bastard. I wish I could give you a slow, painful death. Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with stabbing this into your heart instead." You growled back at him, showing him the gleaming blade of your knife, holding it steady in your hand.

Without a warning he raced towards you, and you crouched, getting ready for the attack. Before you could so much as move your little finger, Dean swooped in from behind, using an angel blade, stabbing the Demon in the back. His face was full of rage and fury, his motions propelling the Demon forward until he was right in front of you. You weren't sure if you were grateful that Dean had killed the Demon, or pissed that he hadn't given you a chance to take out your frustration by killing the Demon yourself.

Dropping the Demon onto the ground without a care, he turned his attention to you. "Come on! Sam's got the Impala ready outside. We need to get out of here before the cops show up!" He exclaimed, grabbing your arm and pulling you away from the girl's dead body, out of the abandoned hospital and to the Impala rumbling idly at the fence. Sam was sitting behind the steering wheel, a rare occurrence, and Dean didn't even argue, or make him scoot over. Falling into the passenger seat, he waited until you were safely in the backseat before he slammed his hand against the dash. "Go Sammy!" He yelled, and Sam gunned the Impala, the tires peeling out in his haste to get away. As the distance grew between you and the hospital, you could hear the sound of sirens as the cops finally showed up.

It was then the emotions hit you. The fact that you had let that poor, little girl die. She hadn't deserved to die, not alone and scared, and definitely not in a place like that. She deserved to be with her family, growing up happy and loved. A single tear slipped down your cheek as you silently berated yourself for not doing your job. For not saving people like you had promised your Dad you would do on his deathbed, carrying on in his stead. 

Confetti it's a Parade Book 2जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें