Masquerade

Jensen Ackles X Reader Written For  daryldixonlover123. Hope it's what you wanted!

Synopsis: You have feeling for your brother's best friend, Jensen, who is married. During a costume party, he finds out. Will he stay with his wife, or will he start over his life with you?

"Gen, are you sure this is the right costume?" You asked, turning side to side, watching yourself in the three way mirror.

Your sister in law, Gen nodded in approval. "It's perfect. That gentlemen you're so infatuated with will never know what hit him." She said.

You looked at yourself once again. Your hair was piled upon your head with loose curls falling down around your face. It was an old fashioned dress, a pale ivory. Capped sleeves, with a jeweled sweetheart neckline. The waist was high, the skirt billowing down and around you. You had tall, golden heels, along with a very fine filigree set of golden wings upon your back. The last part of your get up was your mask. It covered over half of your face, a shimmering gold with glitter and jewels at the top. You had to admit it was a fantastic ensemble, and made you feel like a princess. "He doesn't even know I exist. And it should stay that way."

Gen went to leave the room, to get ready herself. Her hand on the doorknob, she stopped. "Y/N, I know you think that, but I know he cares more than you think. Maybe he's not happy with his life either."

With that mysterious comment, she left you alone to your thoughts. You were currently staying in their house, back home for the charity gala your brother and his wife were hosting. The four of you were planning on getting there early, making sure everything was ready for the big night. Slipping on your heels, your mask in your hand, you made your way downstairs, planning on spending some time with your nephews before you had to leave.

______________________________

You watched as the castle like building appeared in front of you. It was stone, and huge, with sconces lighted along the front wall, a fountain off to one side. Sliding out of the car, you followed behind Gen and Jared, your attention on the building, and not the fact that Jared and his wife had stopped.

"Y/N." Jared said, moving your attention from the beautiful decorations to the fact that he and Gen were no longer alone. Next to them stood a handsome man, in a simple tux, his mask already in place. It was black, with silver designs curling all over. The sides curled up, and for a moment it really reminded you of batman's mask. But the person's body was something you wouldn't forget, especially with his bow legs.

"Jensen." You said, and he reached out, grasping your hand and kissing the top. "I love your mask."

"I'm just sad you could recognize me in it." He said, his deep voice sending shivers through you. "And you look amazing."

"I could recognize you in anything." You said, before realizing that might have taken it a little too far. His hand tightened before he dropped yours.

"Shall we go in?" Gen asked, and Jared held his arm out for her. She slipped her arm through, and they walked through the huge double doors.

"Y/N?" Jensen said, holding his own arm out for you. You slid your hand through, relishing the feel of his warm and muscular body next to yours. "Thank you. By the way, where's Danneel? I thought she would have loved something like this."

You could feel his entire body tense at your words. "She couldn't pull herself away from California to make it." He said, his words full of venom. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm glad you could make it." You said, before taking your position next to Gen to welcome guests. Jensen leaned forward, his chest brushing against your wings and back, his breath warm next to your ear.

"I'm glad I could make it too. I wouldn't have wanted to miss you in that outfit for anything. Save me a dance." He said, before leaving you alone. 

You wished you had brought a fan so you could fan yourself. His words had started a fire deep within you, and you couldn't wait to get the meet and greet over with. Gen looked over at you, a knowing smirk on her face before the first guest came through the door.

___________________________________________________________ 

What seemed like an hour later, your job was done, and you could enjoy yourself now. The first thing you did was head straight for the punch bowl, needing to quench your thirst after talking to so many people. You watched for a unique black and silver mask, always looking for Jensen. You had fallen for him the first day you had met him, while you were a freshmen at Texas A&M. They were in their second year of filming Supernatural, and Jared had brought him back with him for the first time. He had only given you a curious glance, but you had fallen immediately for the man with the green eyes. 

Throughout the years, you had fallen deeper in love with him, but he never knew. He was always nice to you, taking the time to talk to you, to bring you a beer, to be your partner when your family forced you to play badminton. Each time he smiled at you, or would accidentally brush up against you, you fell more in love, wishing you would step up and let him know how you felt.

But when you finally decided to make a move, it was too late. He had started dating Danneel, who nobody seemed to care for, even your brother. You stayed off to the side, watching as he would brush the hair back from her face, his hand gentle on her lower back. Or when he would lean in, pressing those full lips of his to hers, you would excuse yourself, needing to find a place to hide your tears. The night you found out he proposed, you had gone to the bar with your friends, drowning your sorrow in cheap whiskey and beer. You had gone to his wedding, pasting a fake smile on your face, wishing him well when all you wanted was to let him know how you felt.

You were pretty sure Gen knew your feelings, but you had told no one. Your friends, your family, they all thought you had fallen for a man in Dallas, where you were currently living. But no man compared to the one hiding behind the silver and black mask, and you were screwed for life.

"Did you save that dance for me?" He whispered, standing behind you, and you jumped, almost dumping the punch down the front of your dress. 

"Jensen, you scared me!" You exclaimed, and he just chuckled before taking your cup from you, setting it down on the table.

"Dance with me." He said, holding his hand out, and you couldn't resist. Placing your hand in his, you let yourself be pulled out to the dance floor, letting him place his hand on your back as he pulled you in tighter. His other hand stayed wrapped with your own, as the two of you started swaying to the slow music. 

"Why no date for tonight?" He whispered in your ear, his lips almost brushing your skin. You felt goosebumps travel your skin, as he swirled you around.

"There's nobody special for me right now." You lied. Your someone special was holding you tight, sending delighting shivers through your body, and he had no idea what he was doing. 

"That's too bad." He answered. "But, maybe it's a good thing for me." 

You leaned back, wondering if you had heard right. "Jensen?"

He kept you moving on the dance floor as the next song started. "I don't want to hide it anymore. Y/N I've had feelings for you, for a long time. Ever since I saw you standing there, in cut off shorts, and a longhorns sweatshirt. It just took me a long time to realize it."

"But what about Danneel?" You asked, wanting to pinch yourself, to see if this was truly happening. "You're married. You love Danneel."

He stopped dancing, pulling you to the edge of the room, out onto a small, secluded patio. "Y/N, before I say anything else, explain everything, I need to know. Do you feel the same for me? Because I love you."

Part 2 coming soon.