The Perfect Solution

Dean Winchester x Reader

Synopsis: Life is stressful. Especially when you have bills to pay, and little cash flow coming in. When your friend Dean stops by for pizza and a movie, he stumbles upon your bills, coming up with a solution that suites the both of you just fine. 

You wouldn't call your life normal. It was far from that, but you still tried hard to live a normal life. A small apartment, a compact car, a job that you hated. These were things that kept you tied to the rest of the world. Then there were the things that were far from normal. It usually included Dean, a close friend, who had a life as far from normal as it could be. 

Dean was a hunter, killing monsters alongside his brother Sam. He had saved you from a ghoul over a year ago, and had stayed in touch ever since. Many times he would show up on your doorstep, bloody and bruised, and you would guide him in, taking care of him, and he would spend the night. Many times, you wished for more, but you understood he was a no commitment type of person, and you would take the friendship over nothing. 

You hadn't seen him for a while, and you were beginning to worry. On top of that, you were staring down at a stack of bills, your anxiety rising as you thought of opening them, seeing the red past due on most. Sighing, you opened a beer, taking a long sip before turning your attention back to the blinding pile of envelopes laying there, mocking you. It wasn't fair. You worked hard, and yet you felt as if you never could get ahead. Life was always trying to knock you down, and if you didn't figure out something soon, you might find yourself losing your apartment, living in your car.

Opening each envelope, your mood fell deeper and deeper into despair, as the totals kept adding up. It wasn't like you lived lavishly, but between the medical costs of your broken arm last year, and your new car payments, you couldn't afford to live off of more than ramen noodles. Sighing, you placed your head in your hands, a frustrated tear sneaking out of your eyes as you tried to think what you would be able to do. Maybe if you found another job, or sold some of your mom's old records, you could squeak by this month.

So lost in your thoughts that you didn't hear the pounding on your door. When you heard your name being called through the thick wood, your head snapped up, and you shoved all the envelopes together as the first smile of the day crossed your face. Rushing to the door, you threw it open, throwing yourself into Dean's arms.

"Wow, I think I could get used to this type of greeting." He teased, before holding you at arm's length. You took him in, making sure he wasn't bleeding all over your entry way. He had a fading bruise on his cheek, a split lip, but he was smiling, and seemed okay. He looked extremely handsome in his red and blue plaid, with the sleeves rolled up to show a healing cut on his forearm. 

"It's been forever Dean!" You exclaimed, pulling him into your apartment before shutting the door. "I was worried you had been killed on a hunt or something!"

"I should have called, but my phone was smashed in the last hunt, and I lost your number. Came as soon as I could." He assured you, as you went into your tiny kitchen, grabbing your last beer and handing it to him. 

Watching as he took a sip, you couldn't help the feelings coursing through you. He was amazing, and even though he had no clue, you had fallen for him easily. These visits were the only things that kept you going. "So, been pretty busy on hunts?" You asked him, as the two of you went into the living room.

"Yeah, Sam's been on a rampage, finding one after another. It's been driving me crazy, trying to find some time to head over here." He told you, his eyes watching you closely, his expression unreadable. 

"I'm just glad you're here. But I hate to say I don't have much in the way of dinner." You apologized.

He just shrugged. "We can order pizza. I have another six pack in the car. Stay in, watch TV. Sounds like a perfect night to me."