Love Hurts

Cas X Reader

Synopsis: Set is Season 8, the Reader is in love with Cas, but he's being brainwashed by Naomi. While looking for Lucifer's crypt's, Cas attempts to kill the Reader in order to take the Angel tablet. Requested by 

"Castiel, please no! You don't have to do this!" You pleaded over and over, as Cas held you up, his grip bruising your skin. 

"I have to." He muttered, his face impassive, as he thrust the Angel Blade down, straight into your heart, his hatred the last thing you see instead of the love you were used to.

"Y/N, wake up!" Sam exclaimed, his hands on your shoulders, trying to wake you. "It's just a dream, you need to wake up now!"

Sitting up quickly, you almost knocked your head against your brothers, breathing hard as you tried to calm down from the nightmare. Taking deep breaths, you let Sam massage your shoulder as he tried to calm you. Glancing around, you saw you were still in the backseat of the Impala, as Dean drove it down the road, his concerned gaze on you through the rear view mirror. "What was it Boo?" Dean asked, your childhood nickname calming you down. 

"Just a nightmare." You answered, telling yourself it was that, nothing more. It couldn't be one of those visions that you and Sam sometimes had when you were younger. Those had stopped over a year ago. Also, you couldn't imagine Cas, the person you loved more than your brothers even thinking about killing you.

"Want to talk about it?" Sam asked, just as Dean pulled into the parking lot of a motel on the edge of town.

Shaking your head, you stepped out, wrapping your flannel shirt tighter against the chill in the wind. The dream still had you unsettled, along with the fact that Cas had been distant and weirder than normal the last few weeks. In fact he hadn't even come to see you in over a week, and you were missing your winged boyfriend more than anything. On top of that, your older brother Sam was going through the trials, and while he proclaimed to be fine, you had eyes in your head and you could see he was not. Just earlier that morning you had caught him coughing into a tissue, turning the white paper red. It scared you to death, and you wanted nothing more than to have Cas there, supporting you and your family.

After dropping off your bags into the sparse bedroom, the three of you quickly changed into your FBI gear, planning on visiting the the friend of the latest victim. Wearing a simple outfit of black pants and a white button down shirt, you let your brothers take the lead as they questioned the upset woman. You felt bad for the woman, knowing her friend had died horribly, with burns on her body, her insides liquefied. As they questioned her about her friends, you paced the small room, looking for anything that would give you clues. Stopping in front of an old map of the town, you peered closely at it, seeing big red X's marked throughout, wondering what they could mean.

Before you could ask, there was a knock on the door. After being given permission, you opened it to find a handful of big, burly men standing there, their eyes flashing black when they recognized you. "Sam, Dean!" You exclaimed, pulling out your engraved Angel blade as they pushed their way inside, slamming you into the wall.

Taking a second to right yourself, you watched as the Demon's attacked your brothers, while one grabs the map, running away before you could stop him. Rushing into the fight, you noticed one Demon smoking out of his body, forcing itself into Wendy, the victim's friend, forcing her towards the door. Stabbing one Demon, you felt another one wrapping their arm around your neck, squeezing until you could no longer breath.

Unable to scream for help, you stomp down on the Demon's foot just as he flashed orange and falls to the ground. "Cas!" You exclaim as you turned around to see your savior. Your favorite angel was standing there, holding a squirming, black eyed Wendy. "Are you okay?" He asks, but his concern was missing, like he was just being polite, and it bothered you.