Horrible Day

Jensen x Reader

It had been a horrible day. One of those types of days you wanted to crawl back into bed, and wait to try again the next day. Nothing little, like losing your keys, or spilling your coffee. No, when you had a bad day, it went really bad.

It had all started as soon as you had woken up. Rolling over in bed, you realized that Jensen wasn't there with you. Of course, he had left early, planning on spending the day at the brewery. Sighing, you had gone into the bathroom, only to realize your period had started during the night. That brought tears to your eyes, as you sank down to the side of the bath tub. You had so been hopeful that it was this time. That you would finally be pregnant. You had been trying so hard, and it hadn't happened yet.

Wiping a tear from your cheek, you weren't sure how you could tell Jensen the news. He had been so excited that you might be pregnant that you knew he would be disappointed. Sighing, you took care of business, making your way downstairs.

After eating breakfast and getting ready for the day, you grabbed your car keys. Today had been important to you in multiple ways. The first one was a bust, with your period arriving. But your interview was still today, and you couldn't wait to try and get the job of your dreams. This chance had been a long time coming, and Jensen had been behind you every step of the way. Understanding that your career was here in Austen, he had found the perfect house, and traveled between cities as often as possible. It was lonely, and hard, but you loved Jensen and you worked hard to make sure your relationship stayed strong.

Heading out to your car, you threw your hands in the air when you saw the front tire completely flat. Knowing you wouldn't be able to go anywhere in your car, you wanted to bang your head in frustration. With only an hour until your interview, you had no idea what to do. The brewery was an hour away, so Jensen would never make it in time. A taxi ride was possible, but they weren't very reliable, and you weren't sure they would show up in time.

Calling the only person you could think of, you waited for Gen to answer. "Hey Y/N!" She exclaimed, and you could hear the kids rushing around in the background.

"Hey Gen, what are you doing right now?" You asked her, keeping your fingers crossed.

"We're at the doctors. Odette isn't feeling very well, so we came to get her checked out." Gen explained. "Why?"

"It's nothing important. But I've got to go. See you tomorrow." You answered, hanging up and sighing heavily. Dialing the number for the taxi company, you sat down on the front step, waiting for the cab to pull up.

Time passed, and you glanced down at your watch to see you only had twenty minutes until you were due at your interview. With traffic, it would take at least that to get there, if you were lucky. If the cab ever showed up.

Not even two minutes later the cab showed up, and you raced over to it. Rattling off the address, you tapped your finger impatiently on the arm rest. Continuing to glance at your watch, you closed your eyes in dismay when he pulled up five minutes late. Hoping they would listen to your story, you raced inside the building, only for the secretary to glance down at you. "I'm sorry, but this company expects punctuality. You're late, and we don't accept that. Maybe you should try somewhere else. Your spot has already been taken."

Wanting nothing more than to cry, you slowly walked out of the building. As you stood there, wondering if you should call for another Taxi, your phone rang. "Hey Gen." You answered, trying to keep your voice clear of the tears that threatened to fall.

"We're all done!" She exclaimed. "So, what can we do for you?"

"Can you pick me up?" You asked her, giving her the address. Assuring you she would be there shortly, she hung up.

About an hour later, you were once again home. Gen had noticed the dreary expression on your face, but didn't push for an explanation. Dropping you off, she told you to call if you needed anything. Watching as she pulled away, you kicked the flat tire of your car, wincing when it bruised your big toe. Unlocking your house, you went up and changed into pajama's, needing some sort of comfort. With your hair up in a bun, you grabbed your spare container of ice cream, settling on the couch.

You really wanted to call Jensen, to make him come home. You needed the support he would offer, the safety of his arms around you. He would understand your horrible day, and hopefully make you feel a little bit better about everything.

As if he read your mind, your phone rang, his name flashing on the screen. "Hey J." You answered, your voice thick with unshed tears.

"Hey Y/N." He spoke loud, over the sound of machines in the background. "So, the boys and I were thinking about hitting Jared's bar tonight. Having a couple of drinks. I won't be home until late."

"J, you've been gone all day..." You started to argue, but he didn't really seem to be listening to what you had to say.

"I've been working my ass off trying to get this brewery finished. I just want to go to the bar, drink some beers, and relax."

Tired of nothing going your way, your words came out clipped and short. "Really? You think that's a good idea?"

"Drop the attitude Y/N." He snapped back, surprising you. "We'll spend the entire day together tomorrow, but today I just need to relax. Why can't you understand that?"

"You know what J? I don't really care what you do." You answered, your voice ending on a sob. Ending the call, you tossed your phone onto the coffee table, tears rolling down your cheek. You had just wanted him there with you. Sure, he didn't realize that your day had been horrible, but you had hoped he would realize that you needed him with you. He had been gone all day, it didn't seem like too much to ask.

Tossing your ice cream container into the trash, you made your way up to your bedroom. Crawling into bed, you hugged his pillow tight. It wasn't a substitute for his warm body pressed against yours, but with him out drinking it was the next best thing.

Letting the tears fall, you wondered what you had done wrong to deserve such a horrible day. Why you were such a failure you couldn't even get pregnant, or get the job of your dreams. Your whole life had unraveled in one day, and you had no idea how to pick up the pieces. And Jensen wasn't there to help. He wasn't there when you needed him the most. And that hurt more than anything else.