Camp Counselor Part 2

You could feel the fear and panic start to take hold of you. Sure, Dean was strong, and smart and could take care of himself. But a Wendigo was nasty business, and you were afraid that it might have gotten the jump on him. "Sam, I think we need to go find him!!"

Just then Anna came walking up, her hand landing on Sam's arm as she narrowed her eyes at you. "Is everything okay? After all, Sam is my partner today."

"Anna, Sam and I were just having a private conversation." You ground through your teeth, the preppy girl once again bugging you. "He'll be right back to help manage your group."

"I sure hope so. Because swimming is our next activity, and I can't wait for Sam to show me what he's got." She winked at him before striding off.

You peered up to see Sam watching her walk away, a smirk on his face. "Seriously Sam! You're brother's missing! Can't you control your hormones until after we save him."

"Y/N!" Sam chastised you. "I'm not....we're not! We're just coworkers."

"Sure. Coworkers who can't keep their eyes off each other." You muttered. "But seriously, we need to split this joint and try to find him."

"And how? We're both in charge of groups. They will definitely notice if we both take off." Sam argued, even though you could tell he was starting to get worried over is brother.

"Fine, you cover for me, I'll go search for your brother and my boyfriend." You grumbled, silently chuckling when Sam's eyes widened.

"But your kids are so tiny!" He exclaimed, watching as one of the kids in your group tried to shove a pea up his nose. "I don't think...."

"You can, and you will. While I go save your pain in the butt brother." You insisted, mentally preparing yourself for heading out into the woods, by yourself. With a Wendigo out there. One that had already captured one of the greatest hunters you had ever known. It wasn't an easy feat, but you had to help.

"Maybe I can pretend to be sick, so we can both..." Sam started thinking out loud, but you saw the way Anna was still staring his way, and you knew there was no way he would not be noticed.

"Stay. I'll take a walkie talkie, you grab one too, okay? I'll find it's cave, and try to save Dean. Then tonight we can go back and kill it." You explained, heading over to the cabinet where walkie talkies were kept for staff to use.

"The second things don't look right, you call me." Sam asked, as his name was called. Glancing over at your table, you saw a kid tip over their glass of juice while another was dangerously close to pulling a girl's braid.

"Of course. Now go!" You pushed him, before rushing through the side door. Taking a deep breath, you checked to make sure the coast was clear before trekking back to where Dean had parked the Impala. Using your spare set of keys, you opened the trunk, taking Dean's favorite green bag, throwing weapons along with a couple of flare guns into it. Slipping one of his forgotten flannel shirts over your uniform, you headed off towards the main hiking trail, holding tight to your flashlight.

After people had started disappearing, this trail had been closed off. You were surprised the camp was still up and running, but the cops had come, and gone, leaving everything the same.

Humming to yourself, you started marking your way down the well-groomed path, watching as the trees became thicker, the sky slowing fading away into nothing but the tops of dark pine trees. Snuggling deeper into Dean's flannel, you took a calming sniff of his lingering scent.