Waiting for a Sign

In all fairness, you had heard this hunt was going to be hard. That it was the largest gathering of Demons topside. Ever. But you had the Winchesters by your side, and they always seemed to come out of these things on the topside.

The plan had been simple. As they often are. Break into the compound, hack into their security system. Place holy water in the sprinklers, play the exorcism through the speakers. It sounded easy as the three of you created the plan. But jobs against Demon's were never as easy as they sounded.

Sam was the one who would pour the holy water into the sprinkler system. This left you to light a flame and draw the sprinklers open. Dean had the exorcism ready to play on a cassette tape. All he had to do was figure out the speaker system.

Getting into the place was much easier than you thought. Only one Demon on guard duty, and Sam was able to stab him with Ruby's knife with very little struggle. Leaving his body behind some bushes, Dean picked you up, and you slipped through the tall window. Jumping down to the floor, you scampered through the hallway, making your way back to the side door. Unlocking it, you stepped aside to let Dean in. Sam had already gone off to find a way to the roof, leaving the two of you to find the office.

"If anything goes wrong, you run," Dean whispered as you rounded the corner. So far everything was eerily quiet, which did nothing but make you worry.

"Not without you," you argued as you pushed open the door labeled control room. "We're a team."

Rolling his eyes, Dean moved over to the control panel, working to turn it on while you kept watch at the door. "Dean, how's it going?"

"Why didn't I do the roof and leave the computer stuff to Sam?" He grumbled, his brows furrowed as he typed away on the computer.

"Because you wanted to be by my side," you told him, flashing a smile his way.

"Damn straight!" He exclaimed, "Always love watching you work."

Before you could say anything, Sam called Dean, saying he was in position. Telling us the sprinklers would be ready any moment.

"Dean, don't you think this is weird?" You asked, staring down the empty hallway. "Surely they must realize we're here by now."

"It is awfully quiet," he agreed standing up. "Stay here, I'll take a quick look around."

"Dean...," you started to argue, but he shook his head.

"No, you'll figure out that computer faster than I ever could, and I always carry a trusty lighter with me. And besides, if things go too bad, I grabbed this out of the trunk," he said, showing you the grenade attached to his belt.

"A grenade? Are you serious?" You gasped, but he shrugged.

"Always wanted to use one. So, stay here, get the cassette ready to play, and I'll see what's going on."

Blowing you a kiss as he left, you could only stand there and watch as he sprinted down the hallway. His shoulders straight, acting as if he wasn't walking straight towards a den of Demons.

Your heart racing, you turned towards the computer, attempting to get it up and working. Needing it for the speakers to turn on, and the exorcism to work. As you tried everything you could think of Sam came bursting into the room, breathing heavily.

"Where's Dean?" He asked.

"He went looking for the Demons," you muttered. "And he's going to be lost out there if I can't get this computer up and running!"

Sam came over, trying to help. Seconds ticked by, both of you trying to get the computer up and running. With each second that Dean didn't return, your panic begin to set in.