Tying Up Old Ends

Sam Winchester x Reader

Synopsis: Quote: Now why did I have to punch him?

It was moments like these that you really enjoyed. Sitting at a local bar, sipping on a beer, with your boyfriend Sam, sitting across from you. His brother was off, hitting on the locals, while you and Sam talked about anything and everything. The case was over, the monster killed surprisingly easy. Now you just couldn't wait to get out of this town and head back home, to your bunker.

"So, why are you so ready to leave this town?" Sam asked you, his fingers reaching for, and connecting with yours.

"Sam, I never told you this, but I used to live here. After my parents died, I tried living a normal life, settling down. This was before I met you." You started explaining, finally telling Sam something you had never told anyone before. "It was nice. Never having to worry about the next monster, or if you would live to see the next sunrise."

"Why did you ever leave?" He questioned when you didn't move on. But you couldn't. You were too busy staring over his shoulder at the man lounging against the bar. It had been over a year since you had last seen him, and your skin scrawled at the thought of being in the same bar as him. 

Taking one look at your face, how pale it had become, how wide your pupils were, Sam turned in his seat until he could see what, or who you were looking at. "Y/N, what's going on?" He asked, but you just sat there, shrinking into the corner of the booth. Hoping if you hid in the shadows, he wouldn't see you and just walk by. 

Your luck wasn't with you today, as he left the bar, looking like he was going to walk right by you. Sliding to the far side of the booth, you titled your gaze down, your hair slightly falling down, hiding your face. "Y/N, talk to me." Sam insisted, just as the man stopped by your booth.

"Y/N? Seriously, you're back in town? And you didn't let me know?" Tyler, your ex asked as he stopped. With a groan, you looked towards him, seeing his sneering face looking down at you.

Before you could say anything, Sam was out of the booth, his hand flying towards Tyler's face. It surprised all of you, even Sam as Tyler's head snapped backwards. Almost falling down from the force of the punch, Tyler held onto the side of the booth, his lip trickling blood from where Sam's fist had struck.

"What the hell man?" Tyler wheezed, not used to someone else being tough and in charge. 

"Leave, now. And don't come back."Sam growled, his voice low and full of threats. Towering over Tyler, Sam made your ex look tiny and pitiful. 

"This isn't worth it." Tyler muttered before rushing out of the bar, almost knocking over a waitress in his haste to get out. 

As soon as he was gone, Sam sat back down, taking your hand in his once again. "Now why did I have to punch him?"

"You didn't have to, but thank you for it. He's been needing that for a long time." You thanked Sam, grateful that Tyler would never bother you again.

Raising his other hand, Sam signaled for two more beers. "I did need to. I saw the look on your face and I didn't like it. Nobody messes with my girl." 

"Aw, thanks." You purred, cupping his cheek with your hand. "It's nice knowing that while I can take care of myself, I'll always have you for backup."

"Damn straight." He said, holding up his beer bottle in a cheer. "Now, how about you continue on with your story. I'd like to know a little more about why I just punched some random guy in the bar. I usually leave that for Dean."

"He was just a jerk. When I tried living my normal life, I met him, thought that maybe he could be the one." You started, watching how Sam's jaw clenched at your words. "He seemed sweet, and kind..."

"And I punched him?" Sam asked, and you could sense he wasn't liking the way the story was going.

"Let me finish." You ordered. "And he was. At first. We moved in together. But then he lost his job, and started relying more and more on me. It wasn't too bad at first, but then I'd come home to the obvious signs that he was cheating on me. When I confronted him, he said he was sorry, and he would stop. But he didn't, so I ended up leaving."

"Wow, is it bad that I am glad that he was such a jerk?" Sam asked and you glanced up at him, surprised. "Otherwise you wouldn't have gone back to hunting, which means I never would have met you. His lose, my gain."

"Sam, he never would have stood a chance against you. I mean, there's no way he would have punched a guy just because of the way I looked at him." You teased, as Sam pulled you to your feet. 

"Come on, let's get out of here." Sam suggested, placing his hand on your lower back. You could see Dean in the far corner of the bar, in the arms of a leggy blonde. 

Letting him pull you tight to him, the two of you began the short trek to the motel. "Sam, truly I just want to thank you again. Because of you, that man is totally out of my life."

Stopping, he pulled you against his chest. "Of course. I'm just glad I was there, so you didn't have to deal with the jerk on your own. Now, we're probably going to have the room to ourselves most of the night. How do you think we should fill that time?" He asked, his hands running up and down your back.

"I might have an idea." You whispered into his ear before the two of you started walking again.