Dreaming of a White Christmas

Dean Winchester X Reader

Synopsis: A perfect life for Dean Winchester, but it might just be too perfect to be real. Written in Dean's Point of View. Requested by 

I worked hard to keep my dreams hidden from everyone, not wanting them to know how weak I could be, or how sappy. Especially from Sammy and Y/N, the two most important people in my life. I knew they wouldn't judge, that they probably had dreams close to mine, but I didn't want them to see that I dreamed of something other than the hunting life. That I dreamed of a time where I could relax, and enjoy life without having to be the one to save everyone. Of having a family, and working a regular job.

It seemed like these dreams would happen two to three times a week, and usually after a particularly hard hunt. These dreams usually calmed me down, while at the same time depressing me. Sending me straight to the nearest bottle of whiskey, losing another night of sleep.

Tonight was one of those night's for a dream. I hadn't even remembered falling asleep, but soon it started, feeling as if I was waking up. "Dean, honey, it's your turn to go check on Riley." A familiar voice, thick with sleep said next to my ear. Opening up my eyes, I stared down at the crazy bedhead on top of Y/N's head as she snuggled into my chest. 

Not wanting to break up the dream, I kissed the top of her head, playing along. "Y/N, as much as I don't want you to leave my arms, you need to move if I'm going to go check on him."

"It's a her." She mumbled, before turning on her side, cuddling into her pillow instead of me, and instantly I missed the warmth of her body against mine. Slipping out of bed, my bare feet padded along the carpeted floor as I made my way out of the strange house, down the darkened hallway toward the room the crying was coming from. The room was lighter, thanks to a nightlight in the corner, and I stumbled my way to the crib. I looked down at the troubled baby, more than a little baffled at my next move. I moved to pick her up, before I pulled my hands back, staring at her in dismay. I had no clue what to do. Sure I've seen babies, and even helped Dad take care of Sammy. But that had been a long time ago, and I was afraid. 

"Dean, she won't bite." A tired voice said from the doorway, before coming to stand next to me. I couldn't keep my eyes off of Y/N. Even in the dim lighting she was breathtaking, wearing nothing but a flannel that had probably once been mine. It skimmed her thighs, and she had left the top two buttons undone, letting it fall off of her shoulder.  Her hair was mussed, part of it even covering her face, but I thought she had never looked better. "She just probably needs her diaper changed."

Without another word, I was gently pushed out of the way, as Y/N picked the baby up, our baby I suddenly realized. I guess this was my subconscious's way of not wanting to ignore my feelings for Y/N. That I had feelings for Y/N, even though I did my best to push her away. 

I thought back to my rocky relationship with Y/N. She had come out of nowhere, disrupting Sam and I's life, spinning me out of control. At first I had hated it so much. But even when I still pretended to be cold towards her, I couldn't help but be drawn to her. With her velvety skin, the twinkle in her e/c eyes, and the way she could throw any barb right back my way, I guess it was just a matter of time before she crept her way into my dreams, and in to my heart. But I've never been brave enough to let her know, and she still probably thought I hated her.

"Babe? You alright?" Came her voice before she continued cooing at the baby who was now giggling instead of crying. She held Riley in her arms as she came over to stand next to me, and I could see a pair of green eyes staring up at me, so much like mine. 

"Yeah, I'm great." I replied as she placed the comforted baby back in the crib. Turning to me, she lifted my arm, cuddling underneath it as we watched Riley slowly fall back asleep.