Poison

Dean x Reader:

Synopsis: Being kidnapped by a shifter, and used as payback against Dean. Dean shows up, but it might be too late.  Warnings: Angst, but some fluff thrown in too.

Never would you have imagined your life would have ended up here. Moments away from death at the hands at the hands of some shifter. Never having the chance to say goodbye to Dean. It had only been a week ago when you had thought your life was perfect.

Glancing down at the shiny ring on your hand, a tear slipped down your cheek. It was just a week ago that Dean had gotten down on one knee, doing something you had never imagined would happen. Proposing to you, pledging to spend the rest of his life with you. It had been an easy decision, a yes leaving your lips before he had even finished talking.

It was going to be a small ceremony, just your closest friends, with Cas doing the honors. Nothing to fancy, especially since Dean Winchester no longer existed in all the records. But you were okay with that. IT meant that you were going to spend the rest of your life with him by your side, and that sounded like the most amazing thing in the world.

But here you were, chained up in some filthy basement, your clothes already torn and bloody, your body not faring much better. A feeling in the pit of your stomach reminding you that you probably wouldn't make it out of this alive. Dean had no idea where you were. Your phone had been smashed in the parking lot as you were accosted as you made your way back from some simple errands. With no way to track you, Dean was probably frantic by now.

"She awakens." A familiar voice filled the air. Shaking your head, trying to clear it from the pain you were currently in, you glanced in surprise as Dean came walking up to you.

"Dean?" You whispered, wondering if he was truly here, or if you were imagining things.

Ignoring your question, he held out a wicked looking knife, reminding you of the one your capturer used yesterday. "Do you remember the first day we met?" He asked you, running the blade down your cheek, not deep enough to cut, but hard enough to scare you.

"Of course." You answered, your voice shaking from fear and confusion. Dean had never laid a hand on you, so why was he acting this way suddenly?

"I remember." Dean announced, happy like it had been forgotten, and just remembered. "It was at that sleazy little bar in Lincoln, Nebraska. You scammed me out of two hundred dollars."

It was hard concentrating on the man in front of you, let alone any of your memories. "I think you deserved it." You muttered, watching his hand closely. "But why are we talking about this? And why do you have a knife?"

"I didn't deserve it! You cheated!" He yelled, slicing the knife down, connecting with a cut already lacing your arm, and you let out a scream, the pain red hot on your arm.

"Dean, please." You sobbed, knowing this wasn't your Dean. This was some monstrous form of Dean.

"How about the day Dean first fell in love with you? Did you know he still remembers the exact moment he knew?" The fake Dean asked you, squatting in front of you, a pair of familiar green eyes looking cold and evil. With the blade still covered in your blood, he slammed it into your leg, just barely missing the artery that ran deep there.

"Please stop." You pleaded with him, the pain clearing your head, reminding you of your situation. Reminding you that you had been captured by a shifter over a week ago, one that continued to take forms of your loved ones. First it had been your deceased mother, toying with your mind, pleading with you to take your own life. Then, it had been that of your best friend. A friend you had been unable to save, watching as she died right in front of your life.