--Chapter 11--

1 week later...

Kaylee's POV:
I heard what the doctor said. I can hear what they are saying but I just can't open my eyes. My eyes are like they're glued shut. I can hear Jack and Poppy in the room. I'm glad they're here. I want to say something but I can't.

Poppy's POV:
I'm in the room with Kaylee and Jack. "She needs to fight." I tell Jack. He nods. A doctor came in. "We soon have to pull the plug. Please say your final goodbyes." He said and then walked out of the room. I turned to her. "Kaylee if I don't see you. I love you to pieces. Don't forget that. You will always be in my heart and everyone else's. I can't let you go. You where the best friend anyone could ask for. Thank you. I love you. Rest well my sweetie." I said crying. I walked over to Jack and gave him a hug and walk out of the room so I could give Jack and Kaylee some privacy. I keep the door open a bit just in case Jack want something.

Jack's POV:
Poppy walked out and I sat in the chair taking Kaylee's hand in mine. "Kaylee. I'm sorry. It's my fault. I should have done something to that dude. I should have protected more. I'm sorry. I love you. You where like my soul mate but I have to now let you go. My heart has broken to pieces that will take time to heal. I'm really sorry." I say to her. "It's... not.... your fault." I hear a whisper. I look down and see Kaylee's eyes slowly opening. "I'm the one that.... should be sorry." She said. I smiled with tears strolling down my cheeks.

Kaylee's POV:
I hear what jack is saying and I want to say something. I sounded a bit croaky but managed to get my words out. I tell Jack what I needed to say. He tell me a few things and then shouts. "SOMEONE GET A DOCTOR!!!" Jack shouted out the door still holding my hand. Poppy comes running in. "What happened?" She asks. "She spoke." Jack said. The doctors come in and see me moving my arm and opening my eyes. "Thank you." I said to Poppy. She held my hand and I squeezed it with the strength I have.

Jack and Poppy had to go out of the room for a few minutes so the doctors could do some tests on me. Poppy and Jack where soon let back in the room. "Do you have a parent or guardian who can look after you?" The doctor asked. "No. I don't know where my dad is but my mum passed away last month. My uncle is busy with work so I don't know if he can." I said looking down. "Ok. Any relatives or close family friends?" He asked. "I can look after her." Poppy said. The doctor took Poppy outside to sign some paper work.

"So, I heard you say you loved me?" I said to Jack. "It's true. I couldn't let you go like this." He says. I look at him. "You're so sweet." I say to him. "I know I shouldn't do this but I can't wait any longer." Jack says. He leans in and kisses me. I kiss back. We pull away just as Poppy walked in. "You have a broken wrist and bruises on some parts of your body that are healing." She told me. "Thanks." I say smiling. "You can be dismissed tomorrow. They haven't made their mind up for what time though." She says. "I don't really mind." I tell her.