--Chapter 23--

Kaylee's POV:
I wake up with a sore wrist. I shake it a bit so it won't be stiff for the day. I'm going to the police station with my uncle and probably Jack. I shower, change and then go downstairs to eat breakfast. I was expecting a note on the table from Poppy but instead it was actually Poppy herself. "Hi." I said quietly. "Hi." She said back. "I just want to say I'm really sorry for what I have done." She said. "What is there to be sorry for?" I said. "I-i don't know. I just really am sorry for not being a good friend towards you." Poppy said walking towards me. I look at her then she engulfs me in her arms. "Friends?" She asks. "Yeah." I said and start to prepare some breakfast.

"I've got to go to the police station today." I say. "Ok." She says. I tell her in more detail before there is a knock at the door. I opened the door and Rob is standing there with Jack next to him. I say bye to Poppy and get in the car with the two of them. Jack parked his car in our front yard and caught a lift with us. We arrived and walked to the reception. We walked up to the reception desk. "We would like to speak to a police officer or someone who can help." Rob says. "Ok. We will send one out in a bit. Please take a seat." They said. Rob gave them his name so they can call it when they came to speak to us. I was nervous. I started to play with my thumbs and Jack stopped me. He rested his hand on mine. I relaxed a bit.

"Mr Baxter." A police officer said. The three of us walk behind the officer and into a room. We all took a seat around the table. "So what did you come to see us about today?" The officer asked. "Kaylee." Rob said. I looked at him then at the officer. "I was on my way home when 3 lads attacked me." I said. "Right. Were they armed?" He asked. "Not that I knew off." I said. "Tell me what happened?" He asked. "I was out shopping by myself. I started to get bored so I headed back to the car. It felt like I was being followed by someone or something so I kept looking behind me every minute. I got to the car park and those people revealed themselves. It was a group of 3 people. I stopped to tell them to stop following me. I was just about to walk to my car when one of them grabbed my wrist. I yelled at them to get off of me. They said Brandon to me. I got slapped around the face and scratched. Someone saw what went on and came to my rescue. They ran off after that person headed towards me. That person made sure I was alright. I was and drove to were my uncle was. I passed out afterwards when I got to where I was going." I said to him.

"Ok we will do something straight away. Thank you for your time." The officer said. The three of us left the station and went home.