--Chapter 15--

Kaylee's POV:
Today's the day. I'm going to find my uncle and tell him. Well actually see him. I wake up and walk downstairs to see Poppy already up making breakfast. "You ok?" She asks as I walk in. "Yeah better. Thanks." I said eating breakfast. "No problem. Don't take too long to eat that. You have an important thing to do today." She tells me. "I know." I say and finish up. I walk upstairs and into my room. I set out the clothes i'm wearing today. Black skinny jeans that have small rips in them, a nice t-shirt and a red hoodie with a logo on it. I head to the shower and do what I need to do. I get out and put the clothes on. "Poppy can you help please." I ask. "Yeah sure." She says coming into my bedroom. She helped me put my hoodie on and over my cast. I roll up the sleeve on my arm that has the cast on. Luckily it was my left hand not my right because my right had is my strong hand and everything hand.

I put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and head downstairs and wait for Poppy. I checked all my social media. I had a lot of get well soon messages from friends and close family friends. I replied to most of them as I could but Poppy came downstairs and we had to go. I got in the car and the first thing I did was put some tunes on. "I'm nervous but excited." I say as we head on the main road down to Sandy Park. "Don't be nervous. It'll be fine. Anyways you've got me, Jack and some of his mates to lean on if it doesn't end to well. It will end great. I promise you." She tells me. "Sure. Positive." I double check with her. "Yeah I am." She tells me. It took us about 30 minutes to get to Sandy Park from where we lived. There wasn't much traffic so it didn't take to long.

We arrived at the park and headed into the reception. "I'm going to ask the lady at the desk if I could see him." I tell her. "Ok. While you do that I'm going to get a few things done." Poppy says carrying some paper work in her hands. I leave Poppy and head to the desk in the reception. I walk up and wait for the lady to finish on the phone. "Hey. How can I help you?" She says. "I would like to see Rob Baxter please." I ask. "Is there any reason." She says. "He's my uncle and we haven't seen each other in years so I thought I pay a visit." I say. "Ok. He is free at 10:30, if you want to see him then." She says looking at the computer screen. "Yeah that will be fine." I said. "Right. What's your name?" She asks. "Kaylee Baxter." I say. She types that into the computer and then presses enter. "Ok. Take a seat and he will see you in 15 minutes." She said. "Ok. Thank you." I say walking away. I find a chair and sit on it. I only had 15 minutes to wait so it shouldn't take long. I pick up a magazine to read for a while. A few people pass and say hello. I say it back so I'm being polite.

--15 minutes later--

It is now 10:30 so I should see him anytime now. Someone walks down the corridor and stops in front of me. "Kaylee." He says. I get up and follow him into his office. We get in there. "Take a seat." He tells me. I sit down and look at him. "Shall I tell you why I'm here?" I ask him. "You can if you want to." He says to me. "Well I found out my mum died a month ago. She left me a letter with some writing on it. I was in a coma for about 2 months and I realised something. Mum never really told me about you. Your my uncle. I came here to see you for myself. All I wanted was to see some sort of family member." I tell him. "I'm sorry to hear that. Also i'm sorry that your mum never introduced us to each other. What can I do to help?" He asked. "I don't know. Maybe look out for me. Right now, I need someone to lean on. I'm hurt and slowly recovering." I say. "Sure. Come by tomorrow so we can talk this through in more detail." He tells me. "Thanks. Does this mean I get to call you Uncle Baxter." I say in a funny tone. "If you want." He says smiling. I get up and he gives me a hug. "You do look like your mum." He tells me. I wave him goodbye and go find Poppy.

I find her sat in the cafeteria with Jack, Henry, Ollie, Luke, Jack M, Olly W and Stu around her. (All Exeter Chiefs players, if you didn't know.) I walk over dragging a chair with me. "Hey Kay." Jack says. "Hey." I say to them all. "So, how did it go?" Poppy asked. "He accepted me. I have to come back tomorrow so we can sort a few things out." I say to them all. "I'm confused." Stu said. "Your coach, Rob Baxter, is my uncle." I say. "Wow." He says. I nod my head and take a sip of Poppy's drink.

When we all finished talking and doing our own things together, everyone got up and left. I gave Jack a hug and said bye to the others. Poppy and I walked to where the car was parked. We got in and drove back home. This time it took us a bit longer to get home because of the traffic. "You and Jack seem to be getting close to each other." Poppy said. "We have bonded a lot." I say. "Don't you mean a load." She says. "You could say that." I said back. I thought popped into my head. It was when me and Jack kissed. I need to tell her just in case she gets mad or something. I have a few butterflies in my stomach but I soon say her name.

"Poppy. I need to tell you something." I say to her a bit shaky. "Go on." She says listening but keeping her eyes on the road. "Jack and I kissed." I blurt out. "Ok. Wow. Finally. I was waiting for you to say that." She says in a smiley mood. "So your not mad?" I ask. "No. I'm happy for you." She says. We stayed silent for the rest of the car journey.