--Chapter 17--

Kaylee's POV:
Poppy reached over to my phone and hung up. "Sorry." She said. I put my right hand on my head. "I thought he got caught." I said. "They're still looking for him." She told me. "Great." I said. I just had to re-think about what happened. "What's his problem with me?" I say out of the blue. "Not sure. We could find out when the police catch him." She says. "I don't really want to see him." I say. I turn the TV on and watch a bit of The Jeremy Kyle Show. "If he wasn't such a idiot I would have happily taken him onto this show, to prove him a point." I say with confidence. Poppy laughed at the way I said it. "That would be funny to see. I would be your back up." She said. "You definitely will be." I say.

I get up and head to the kitchen. "Do you want any food?" I ask Poppy. "Yeah. Whatever your having will be fine." She says to me from in the living room. I start to get all the ingredients I need for what we're having for dinner. I made spaghetti bolognese for the both of us. As I'm cooking, I start to sing a few word from a song that's stuck in my head. 'Power' by Little Mix was the song. "You're the man, cause I got the, I got the power..." I sang. Soon our dinner was ready I dished it up with a nice cool drink. I walked into the lounge with the drinks and cutlery first. Then I came in with our dinner. "Enjoy." I told her. "It looks really good. Thank you." Poppy says, tucking in.

We ate dinner. "I have desert if you want some." I say collecting the plates. "Yes please." She asks. I walk into the kitchen and got the chocolate cake I made from the other day. I cut the two of us a slice each. "Here is some chocolate cake for you." I say to Poppy, giving her the plate. "Thanks." She says. "I hope the police catch Brandon soon." I tell her. She doesn't reply. I carry on eating the rest of my chocolate cake. When we finished, I took mine and Poppy's plate in. I started to wash them up. I was finishing up washing when there was a knock at the door. "Poppy can you get that please." I say. She gets up and opens the door. I wipe my hands and head to the door.

"Hello miss. Is Kaylee Baxter in?" A guy asked. "Yes. I'm hear." I say coming out from behind the door. "I'm PC Dave and that is PC Cameron. We are from the police department." One of them say. "Ok. How may I help?" I ask. "We are still trying to find Brandon but we have a few questions to ask out what happened." PC Cameron says. "We have to take you down to the station, if you don't mind." PC Dave said. "Ok. Sure. Is it ok if Poppy comes with me." I ask. "Yeah sure." They said. I grabbed my jacket and slipped some shoes on. Poppy and I follow the police to the police car and get in.