--Chapter 24--

Kaylee's POV:
Beep. Beep. I rubbed my eyes and saw my phone ringing. I leaned over and picked it up. I answered it holding it up to my ear.

Conversation between Kaylee and person on other end of the phone:

Kaylee
Other Person

"Hello."
"Hello. Is this Kaylee Baxter?"
"Speaking."
"This is Officer Daniels here. The 3 boys that attacked you the other day, have now been arrested. We caught them yesterday. Also we have pin pointed Brandon but we can't get to him. The only way we can get his is through you."
"Ok?"
"We have a plan, if you want to go with it. Me and about 6 other police officers are in on this. We can help."
"Yeah I'm in. What do you need me to do?"
"We need you to call Brandon and meet up with him. Some people who will help us track the phone call and listen to what is going on. Me and about 6 other police officers will go undercover and stay near by from where you will meet him and we will keep a close eye on the two of you. When he strikes we will come out and surround him so he has no way of escaping.
"That sounds like a plan to me. When shall it be done?"
"The sooner the better so today would be great."
"Ok. I will sort myself out and get to it. Thank you."
"See you soon. Bye."
"Bye."

I hang up the phone and head into the shower. I changed into some suitable clothing for the day. I walk down the stairs and see Poppy cooking some breakfast. "Morning." She said. "Morning." I said taking a plate from the side and handing it to her. She dishes up some food and I get stuck in. "What's on the agenda today?" Poppy asked. "Well I've got a plan to get on with. Also the police are involved in this plan." I say. "Can I ask why?" She says. "One word. Brandon." I say back, finishing the last of my breakfast. "Thanks. That was yummy." I say before taking my phone into the lounge.
I find that unknown number and ring it. It starts to dial. "Hello." I say. "Hey Kaylee. So good to hear from you. What do you want?" He asks. "Well I was thinking if you want to meet up or something." I ask hoping he would expect it. "Sure. Where to?" He asks. "In the city centre near the cathedral, at noon." I say. "Is this some sort of set up." He quickly chipped in. "No." I said. "Ok. I will see you there at noon." He said. He hung up the phone and I sighed. That's done now what next. I waited sometime to let it all sink in.

"Poppy met me outside the cathedral at noon." I say. "Ok." She says. "If you see me with Brandon stay near by but not to close to me. I am being protected so don't worry about that." I tell her. "Sure. See you then." She says going upstairs.

I get snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the door. I get up and open the door. "Hi." I said to the visitor. "Hi. I'm officer Daniels here to take you to the cathedral." He said. "Ok, let me just get my stuff and I will be right with you." I say getting my stuff. I head out the door and into the undercover cop car. We park the car and walk to the cathedral. Officer Daniels walks away from me but he still is in eye distance. I walk up to the cathedral and wait for Brandon. I wait for sometime until there is a tap on my shoulder. I turn around quickly to see who it is.

"Kaylee." Is all he said. "So, what did you want me for?" He asked. "I just wanted to talk." I said. "Go ahead. I've got all the time." He said. "That group of boys that attacked me have been arrested." I say. "Oh. Kaylee went and told the police." He said in a baby voice. "I did the right thing." I said. "The right thing was to deal with the pain." He said. "I'd rather not. Thank you very much." I said. "You don't talk to me like that." He said angrily. "What you going to do about it then?" I say getting up in his face. "You know what I'm going to do." He said. "Not really. No." I said. "You deserve this." He said pushing me around. He was nearly about to hit me when he got disturbed.

"DON'T LAY A SINGLE FINGER ON KAYLEE." Officer Daniels shouted. "Why, what are you going to do about it? You not like some cop." He said. He pushed me again but a lot harder. "PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD BECAUSE YOUR UNDER ARREST." One of the undercover cops said. Brandon legged it but got stopped by the police. He started to fight with them but they pinned him down. They handcuffed him and took him to the car.

"Miss Baxter you will never see Brandon again." Officer Daniels said to me before getting in his car. "Thank you." I said waving him goodbye.