--Chapter 30--

Kaylee's POV:
Rob took me to work with him the next day. As we walked down the corridor, we passed a few players who said hi then gave me a look. I shrugged it off. We got into the office and I plonked down onto the sofa. I sat in his office and stayed with him. I just sat there with a pen, pencil and a pad of paper to draw on. I sketched a few little things as doodles because I was board. "Rob, I think someone knocked on the door." I said. "Ok, thanks. Come in." He said. The person who knocked came in. He stared at me then at Rob. "We just went over a few things for the team and we just need you to check over them before we make the final decision." He said. "Sure. I will be straight out." Rob said. The guy walked out and Rob sorted out a few things. "I will be back. If you need anything, text me and I will come straight away." He said. "Ok." I said letting him leave.

Rob took forever to do what he needed to do. I drew the trophy that was in the glass cabinet. It felt like hours before Rob came back. I listened to a bit of music while drawing. I looked on my social media's too. The door opened and Rob walked in with Henry. I watched what they where doing but I quickly looked back at my book when Henry looked in my direction. "Kaylee?" He said. I sighed and then looked up. "Yes, Henry." I said. "I thought you were staying in London for a few more days." He said. "I was going to but Rob showed up at my door and said something's which made me change my mind." I told him. "Does Jack know you're here?" Henry asked. "No. You and Rob are the only ones who know I'm here." I say. "You should see Jack. He's doing ok but will be more happy to see you." He said. "I think I will see Jack." I said. Henry waved goodbye and left me and Rob to ourselves.

"Go see Jack." I hear Rob say. "I will." I told him. "I think you should do it now since he is here and you have the chance to speak to him." Rob said. "Where would he be?" I asked getting off of the chair. "The field." He said. I gave him a 'Thank You' look and walked out of the office towards the field. I looked in the rooms, when I passed, that had the doors open to see if Jack was in any of them. He wasn't so I went out onto the pitch. I sat on a seat in the stands and watched their training. Henry waved in my direction and I gave him a little wave back. When they finished, some of them packed bits away as some walked through the tunnel to change. I saw Jack walk this way towards me but he didn't spot me.

"Well played." Is all I said. Jack turned around a looked at me. "Kaylee." He said. I walked up to him giving him the biggest hug I have ever given him. "I've missed you." I added. "Me too. Even though it was like only a day, I missed you like crazy." Jack said. I nodded my head. "When did you get back?" He asked. "I got back yesterday but I came to work with Rob." I said to him. "Nice. Have you seen or spoken to Poppy yet?" He asked out of curiosity. "Nope. I don't really want to see her right now." I told him. "You do realise that you will have to one day." He told. "I know but right now isn't the time for me to do that." I said. Jack interlocked my hand in his and took me indoors.

I waited in the cafeteria for Jack. He shortly came back. "So how have you been?" He asked. "Good. Bit better." I said. "That's good. Where are you staying?" Jack said. "With my uncle until I am ready to go back home." I tell him. "Ok. I've missed you." He said. "Yeah me too." I said back. I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Before you go let's take a photo of the two of us." Jack said. He took out his phone and snapped a few selfies with me. I did the same to my phone. "I will post one tonight." He said. I nodded my head. "I'm off. See you around sometime." I say giving Jack a hug. "Yep. See you soon." He says. "Bye." We both say when we leave. I walk back to Rob's office but I see him standing outside of the door. "Let's go." He said when he spotted me. I followed him out of the building and to the car.

When we got home I went up to the room I was staying in for a bit until dinner time. My phone buzzed and it was from Jack. He posted that photo on his instagram. The caption underneath was the thing that caught my eye the most. It said:

@JackNowell: She surprised me. I have missed her a lot and I'm glad she is back. I don't know what I would do with out you @KayleeBaxter.

I smiled and locked my phone going downstairs to see the others.

A/N: Thanks for reading. If you like it comment below your thoughts.

Vote, comment and give me a follow.

-Vicki :-)