--Chapter 37--

Kaylee's POV:
I started to panic. I was shaking. I grabbed my phone and call 999.

Hello this is Lucy speaking how can I help?
My friend isn't responding and there has been a break in at the house I'm in.
Ok, I need to know what your address is.
Green Park, Exeter, WQ6 7QP.
Right, I am sending a ambulance and 2 police cars on their way. I will stay on the line till they get there.
Thank you.

I cried down the phone when telling the lady on the other end. Why Poppy? Lucy talks down they phone to me some more.

They should be here now.
They are. Thank you so much for the help.
Anytime. Be safe. Bye.
Bye.

I hung up the phone and saw the flashing lights. The police and ambulance crew came running in. I let the paramedics sort Poppy out. A policeman took me out of the house and stayed with me while the others checked the house. I dialed Jack's number into my phone and rang him. Please pick up please! I thought to myself. He picked up the phone.

Hi Jack.
Hey Kaylee, what's wrong? You seem sad.
There has been a break in at my house and someone attacked Poppy. The police and ambulance crew are here. I need you to meet me at the hospital.
I hope she is ok. Are you safe. I will be at the hospital in 10.
Thanks. I love you.
I love you to Kaylee.
See you at the hospital.
See you there.

I finished talking on the phone when the paramedics came out with Poppy on a stretcher. I put my hand up to my mouth. I cried. I can't lose her. "Excuse me miss, I'm here to escort you to the hospital." The police officer said. Him and another police officer got in the car. He drove us to the hospital following the ambulance. Poppy had to go straight into surgery. One police officer took me to the waiting room and stayed with me. I couldn't think straight. My mind felt like it was melting. All I need right now is Poppy to be fine and Jack here with me. 10 minutes pasted and Jack arrived. I ran over to him, engulfing him into a hug. "Are you ok?" He asked in a worried tone. We sat down and he took my hands in his. "No." I said closing my eyes letting the tears fall down my face. "She will be fine." He said. "I hope she will, I can't loose her." I say.

The police officer that came with me sat in front of Jack and I. "Hello, I'm PC Green. You must be Kaylee and Jack." He said to Jack, shaking his hand. "Yes we are." Jack responded. "I need to ask you some questions about what happened?" PC Green said. "Umm, sure." I said. "Don't worry, my colleague PC Daniels is watching and guarding so nothing should happen." He told us. "What did Poppy do before she got attacked?", "She came with me to visit Jack but she went off to do a few things first. Then she left to go home." I told him. "Ok, tell me what happened when you got home?" He asked. "Jack went back to his training and I went home. I drove into the drive way and I could tell something was wrong. I quickly got out of my car and saw the front door open. I ran inside, there was glass everywhere and Poppy was lying on the floor with glass and blood over her. I immediately ran over to her trying to get a response but I got none. She said a few words, 'He's back.' Poppy passed out then I got on the phone to 999." I told him every bit of detail. "Thank you. The house is under investigation so unfortunately you can't go back there until we have found evidence on the attack. Thank you for your time." He said getting up, returning to his colleague.

I rested my head on Jacks shoulder and fell asleep. I hope everything was going to be ok. I felt someone shaking me so I opened my eyes and it was Jack. "Poppy's surgery went well." He said. "Can I see her?" I asked. "Yeah." He said taking my hand leading me to Poppy's room. Before I went in, I took a deep breath then stepping in. I saw her weak body on the bed. It broke my heart to see her like this. I sat on the chair beside her bed and place her hand in mine. "Poppy get well soon. I'm here for you and always will be." I told her. It was getting a bit late and I had no where to stay.

"Kaylee. Do you want to stay at mine for the night or stay here? I don't mind if you want to stay here." Jack asks. "I'm going to stay here for the night then I will think about what to do." I tell him. "Ok. Make sure you get a lot of rest." He said. "I will." I say. I get up giving him a really big hug. "Thank you for today." I tell him. "Anytime." He tells me. We lean in to kiss each other and then hug again. We say bye to each other. Jack leaves and I go back to my chair. I snuggle up in it and fall asleep.