Issue 9# "Missing people."

{The Health Community Centre} 

"I'm tellin' ya, he isn't going to come! He's nothing but a maggot!" Tessa barked inwards Joe, while someone had been standing in the hallway. Its figure builds up into an albino, pausing before them. "Pardon moi!" Jabez walks in on the scene, interposing on the two. "No doy, Tessa, I do believe you owe Jabez an apology for backbiting." Joe cocked his brow upon Jabez's scene, Jabez quirked. "Nah, you don't have to apologize, Tessa." Jabez just casually walked around them, entering his office. 

"That good-for-nothing cretin!" Tessa stamped her foot, glaring inwards Jabez through the glass screen of his door. "Cool your jets, you're a psychiatrist and this is a working place, not an anger management club." Joe walked away, letting her alone while Tessa kept her eyes locked on him. "Yeah, of course, boss." She left Jabez's office alone, she had issues that couldn't be controlled, such as humbuggery. 

"I still can't believe a guy like Jabez still works here, with a person like her around." A person muttered to himself, while Jabez had played with a pen.

"?." Its until someone decided to enter his office, it must be a person looking for a better life."H'lo, need help with your mentality, sir?" Jabez greeted the person, lifting up a chirpy expression. He was sure what he needed to do, he had been gone from work for quite a while so he had to get things taken care of. 

"Yeah, I really do, Doc." The person lays on the bed, discussing the things going on about his life for hours. Jabez anatomized everything he says, putting it into his mind. 

"You've lost someone important to you, izzat it? What I do highly recommend is letting yourself accept the truth of reality because we can't undo or change whats to come, everyone knows it, sometimes the person doesn't have to say it. But, acceptance is a strong thing we all have to subsume, I hope you can understand that." Jabez had replied, he's actually quite capable of handling psychiatrist and psychologist at the same time. "So, you've been a road like that before, huh, doc?" The person asked Jabez, Jabez placed his digits under his chin. "I've, honestly. I know what reality is like, its always going to throw you down to the point of quitting, but quitting isn't an alternative. We can look at it any way we wish, as long as its still living, it won't have to be about lamenting over the loss. It's just the first step to life." Jabez puts it in a subtle way without mentioning names, just implying something through words. 

"Alright, I'll see if I can find a psychiatrist." As the person had left Jabez alone, its quite quaint, all superheroes have someone important in their lives, what about Jabez? He's just an independent being, keeping to himself, he waits inside of his office. "Another job is well done for, moi!" Jabez placed his hands on his nape, laying down as his chair effortlessly bent down without any problems. 'Being a superhero and psychologist is an easy job, but having a normal life like any other person. No doy, don't think I can when crimes always going to happen.' Jabez thought, keeping to himself until something draws his attention. Its like he saw Demogorgon in a fraction of a second, was it trying to warn him something? 

It's a good thing his wall was fixed while he was away, having a normal life was impossible when you want something it'll never come. Why should it bother Jabez, anyway, he's never bothered or concerned by a thing. He decided to leave his office, inspecting the bulletin board. 'Missing people?' Jabez locked his temples into it, wondering where these people had gone off too. Things slowly became dark, a drift of frigidness came fwooshing by Jabez. A set of footsteps go inwards Jabez, slowly turning his head into the direction. 

A ragged dressed figure paused their tracks before him, Jabez recognized them. "Brother.. alive people in the spirit realm require guidance to their homes." Jax's voice was waspy, yet he had an albino trait like Jabez, this was another alike. "All right then." Jabez followed the being, as a portal opened up before them, warping in a cerulean color. As they entered, everything ominous in the building waned away in moments, Tessa was walking in the hallways checking if the air conditioning was too cold. It looked perfectly normal, narrowing her eyes ''SO he thinks its funny to pull a prank during work?!'' She sets the blame on Jabez, wow, she's making him a scapegoat for bupkis. 

"So, I take it you know what the portal network is, brother?" Jax questioned Jabez, while they walked down a bridge building in their path. "I do, so is it a multitude of people that want outie?" Jabez replied he talked like a hillbilly while his brother talked in a calculating manner. "Once we reach the other side, we will guide the people to safety, brother." Only a few of a quadrillion alikes ever did come swinging in his life, they're really malcontent inwards him for his quirky disposition. 

Once they reach the other side, they were standing in an odd realm like it was for spirits. 'For some reason, I'm getting the vibes of someone..' Jabez was only presuming something in his familiar, while they walk onwards for the lost beings. Isn't it a coincidence one of his siblings came to him for the one thing he had been fixated on? 

"Bro, izzat 'em?" Jabez pointed his finger inwards the group of people, they were unsure what to do. They had nowhere else to go, reaching them finally. "Alright, who wants to go home?" Jabez called out to them, a beacon of hope reaches onto them. They ran inwards the two Albinos, both had lifted up a smile. "Alright, lezzdodis!" Jabez says to Jax, as they were being led to a portal. "Finally we can go home!" The people say, once reaching Earth again. "Is this what you do for a hobby?" Jax turned his head inwards Jabez. 

"Nah, it's my job. I'mma superhero!" Jabez responded, just as the being disappeared out of Jabez's range. "Good to know.." The last thing Jax said before leaving Jabez. 

"You peeps can do your usual thing!" Back in L.A and who knows what unexpected dangers awaited Jabez. 

"And you're gonna pay for puttin' cap'n in jail, snow boy!" A person from above Jabez, like a pirate dressed figurine. Ready to kill what's on sight!

"Huh?" Jabez looked upwards, unveiling upon what dangers had awaited him.