Issue 166# "Who are they?"

{Chicago} 

'These guys are too strong for me to take on physically. Aah need to let out all my-' Jabez slowly balled his hands into fists, closing his eyes for a brief moment while the two of them warily awaited for his attack. He screamed so loud that it was able to go beyond fathoming, to a scale of truly unbelievable sonokinesis. "The sound he's producing! It is damaging us all around!" The two staggered, they tried to block out the sound by clogging their ears but, nothing could nullify this attack. 

Nothing. Unbeknownst of his own actions, it destroyed buildings, whatever things were found in range. "Jabez! You have to stop! You're destroying EVERYTHING!" Francois attempted to reach out to him, yet even he found himself affected by the attack. 'He isn't stopping! It's affecting the entirety of the planet!' Francois held his ears, the other two figures he was about fighting held their ears. "How could he wield such POWER?! It's IMPOSSIBLE!" Hillary held her bleeding ears, the ones surrounding the scene were being thrown off forcibly. 

'Aah can't do much about his voice! It's fathomless! He'll doom us all if he continues that.' Francois watched building dissipate away in nanoseconds while attempting to walk towards him. 'I have to help him realize the fight's over!' Once he closes in on the other, he enveloped his arms around the albino to do so. It's affecting him badly, it's tearing his clothes and marking his skin. Blood spurting from his shoulder, cheek, and abdomen. "JABEZ!" Francois exclaimed loudly while taking the gale of Jabez's voice. His voice can reach anywhere.. in the story. 

And outside. 

He stopped, realizing it was too much and this planet wasn't that durable. He widened his eyes in shock of the destruction laying about the whole city, he couldn't believe he had done something like this unknowingly. He looked over to the side, the whole city was sinking into the waters. While Francois lay on the dirtied floor, battered and unmoving. 'But... Bo! He could be in doom, but, aah've gotta look out for Francois!' Jabez decided to scoop Francois into his arms, sending him away into his personal domain for safety. 

'Everything's sinking! He caint die just like this!' He retrogrades to wherever the hospital was. Each second, the borders of Chicago's sinking into the ocean. Once he had found the scene of the sunken hospital, he dived immediately into the sinking hospital. 'Aah've got nothing to lose!' An immense mushroom-like splash formed, he was already inside of the hospital searching for wherever he was. The city is in shambles because of his ultimate sonics, he was lucky to stop it otherwise it would've destroyed the multiverse.

Once he found him, he set him over his shoulder. 'C'mon! Don't die on me!' Jabez teleported away into Los Angeles' hospital. 

"Where? Where.. am I?" Francois arose from the shrubbery he lays about, slowly getting on his feet. His head wary, he walked onwards to the world building and sculpting around him. "Huh?" He looked up to see images of the things Jabez had experienced, he had seen so many things of a hero's weight. "You've.. lost alot, haven't you, Jabez?" Francois curled his fingers to form a fist, he understood what hid behind Jabez's mind. 

"Doc.. is he going to live?" Jabez questioned, wondering about the matter. The doctor looked down on the clipboard and shook his head. "He's suffered a head trauma already, he won't. I'm sorry, Jabez," He notified the albino while the hero took his leave without weeping. "...goodbye.. Bo. You'll be.. happy to see Biming." He uttered to himself. 

"Its..

All right." 

Francois appeared before Jabez, ensnaring him in a welcoming hug. "Aah.. you didn't hafta do that.  But -- Thank you, Francois." Jabez wrapped his arms around him, tippy-toeing due to their height dissimilitude. "We all, need hugs. But, you do, mostly." He responded to the other, what a family Jabez is beginning to build up again. Surely, it won't fall over like the ones he had, whatever Francois was trying to say. He knew of what things happened to Jabez, and he'd look up to the albino as his 'Grandfather' despite the lack of calling him that. 

"Man, Oriel, aren't you the luckiest. Just waiting to plan to marry Jabez next year." Oriel looked inwards her calendar, marking it at a specific time and date. "At least she's happy to have him, heh, I might even get a little brother." Orphelia watched Oriel mark it down, turning her head away from the sight. 'Orphie, she doesn't know that Jabez is infertile.' Oriel knew of her voyeurism, via Omniscience. 

'It is time to take action! For sure! He won't be having the drop on me!' Tessa stood over a building, grinning at the sight of people. "No, no ... Tessa. You gotsta do something, a little more.. theatrical!" She shook her head, it'd seem like a bland approach to antagonize people. Instead of something else, she'd want to spice things up. 

'A movie! That's what! And the star's Jabez!' She concluded. 

"Jabez! C'mere!" A loudspeaker drawn towards the airborne superhero, he turned his head over to where the two figures were. He zoomed inwards their direction, pausing before them gently, his heels settling on the rooftops. "We'd like to have you as our star in a movie! A good one!" The director says, setting a palm over his shoulder. 

"Sure thing, if that's gonna get me to show how aah can help more people!" Jabez responded, agreeing willingly. While the scrawny other smirked, hiding in this human-like disguise was none other than Tessa. Jabez hadn't paid attention to what the other was doing, the director gave Jabez a card and told him the meeting would happen by next week. The hero presumed all that elbow grease actually was going to get a job, but, Tessa was the one going to soon ruin that for him. It'll remain, unbeknownst to him, for now!