Issue 76# "Everyone's a little oversuspicious."

{L.A} 

{Grocery Shop} 

--9:30 am-- 

"Seriously? I've killed people before, but that doesn't make me a murderer still." Oriel cocked her brow at the other people straying from her, she was seen as a monster in the eyes of others. She continues to push the grocery cart forward, she paused her tracks in noticing a formally dressed woman standing beside Jabez. "Waddup!" Abruptly, Oriel hooked her arms around their necks, interposing on their conversation."Listen here, Oriel, that doesn't give you the right to bother Jabez and me during our grocery shopping." Biming removed Oriel's arm from the other, as Jabez watched the Chinese woman somewhat be misdoubtful of her presence. 

"And secondly, you better not be thinking of being a homewrecker either, Oriel." Biming added, pointing at her with a threat."Pfft? Me? Nah, I'm the most controlled person there is." Oriel replies, making a shrug with her shoulders. "She'll come around, Oriel," Jabez replied to her, whilst picking the things in the grocery list. "D'awww! You little rapscallion, you know how to lighten the mood!" Oriel already retracted her arm from him so that he can get the groceries, he walked up to Biming and placed it in their cart. 

"What are you doing inside of a grocery shop anyway? You don't even need to eat to survive." Jabez pointed out, briefly, Oriel began whistling like she had no clue. "I returned it, who needs that kind of stuff? I'll just guess your family needs to eat, right?" Oriel finally made a response. "Yeah, they do, they aren't really like me," Jabez replies, as the three were walking down the hallways. 

"Answer me this; What motivated you to change? Level with me, I don't want some alibi or joke, Oriel." Jabez turned his head upwards the other, he wanted to glean it from her. "You really want to know? You can't be serious, I, well." Oriel was thinking about something, she wasn't sure about answering that. "Answer him or walk away, maybe he shouldn't have placed his own trust in you," Biming interjected; truly, Jabez didn't want Biming to say that to Oriel. 

"I'm sorry." Oriel walked away, whilst Biming watched Oriel leave them.'So, will this mean one thing I've to do then? Tell Oriel to leave L.A for good? Its sound enough for me, I believed in an anti-hero. Will she remain like that then?' As the groceries were taken care of. 

Hours later. 

--10:30 pm--

{The Bar} 

'I can't change and I know it too well!' Oriel stood in a pile of corpses, blood was blotched on her hands. 'All because of secrecy! He'll find out about this.' Oriel ran out to the doors, as there wasn't a person to remain alive. Torrential rainfall met above L.A, thousands of water droplets hammered against whatever was still and moving. A silhouetted figure watched from the distance, too late to save those in time of need. 

He tailed after the redhead. "I earned the president's trust, but you let yourself kill people because you were too afraid to answer me?" As Jabez leaped from building to building, he finally met up with the other. He was drenching wet, his white strands meeting down to his cheeks. "Let me explain! Okay?! It's not easy explaining something!" Oriel remarked to him. 

"You're nothing but an anti-hero," Jabez sends a punch across her jaw. "I don't want to see you staining blood of others, Oriel." She skidded back from his punch, not falling from it the slightest, keeping her eyes concentrated on him. Oriel arose her hands up in defense. "What happened to us? We had a thing! A friendship and it's being broken like this!" Oriel stated, as he placidly made his way towards the other. "You made an oath you wouldn't kill, you've said it yourself! And I believed that you would do it!" Jabez pointed his finger upwards the other, while his eyes were narrowed at her. 

"I did, but I can't? What do you want me to say? That I can do it? I'm an anti-hero, a murderer." She says, grabbing him by the collar as she lifts him up. "I read your daughter's file, she's a hero killer. Izzit in the family blood? Staining the blood of innocence?" Jabez strikes her by the rib cage with his leg then another kick right into her jaw. "I used to be a hero, but I really want to change, because you saw good in me, wasn't that right?" She sends a curbstomp towards the other, he thuds into a light post. 

Until everything suddenly reverts to the Grocery shop. Oriel was utilizing her future-seeing powers, she quirked up, fixing her attention on Jabez. "Why did I? That's really easy because I owe you one! And figured, why not do the same then, right?" Oriel hooked her arm around the other's neck. 'I'm just glad none of that actually happened at all. I dodged a bullet, didn't I?' Oriel was in relief their friendship didn't go flat like a board, it's a good thing she had the whole arsenal to evade the inevitable itself. 

"Well, suppose I could give you a chance then." Biming finally welcomed the presence of the other like a family member."Toldja she'd come around, doy! Give the benefit of doubt, Oriel!" Jabez says, he had no way to hook his arm around the other's neck properly due to height disparity. "You're right, and so will the people see how much I've changed. " Oriel lifted up a smile. "Keep the mom jokes out of the way, when Biming's around," Jabez informed her, she made a gesture with her finger across her lips, like zipping them with a wink. 

"What was that?" Biming turned her head over a shoulder, whilst pushing the cart. "Nothing, ma!" Jabez replies. "I thought I heard 'mom jokes' from Oriel." Biming merely shrugged her shoulders and continued onwards. 'I did not even say a thing about mom jokes, even though I wanted to start one.' Oriel had an awkward frown formed on her lips.