Helpless (Kristoph x Phoenix's Daughter! Reader)

Author's Note: This is one shot takes place during Apollo Justice, so it's hobo Phoenix. You are Trucy's biological sister, and Phoenix also adopted you. There is going to be an age gap between Kristoph and the reader. That is all.

Your Pov:

I awoke to the sounds of things being dropped on the floor. I sat up, remembering that I had to help Trucy with one of her shows today. I got dressed in a red version of Trucy's outfit, but without the cape or hat. It had a cute corseted back too. I slipped on some flats and headed out. Trucy was putting some stuff in her case when I came out.

I grabbed my purse and turned back to her, "Are you ready, Truce?" She nodded, "Yep. Oh yeah! Daddy said he was going to come today!" I smiled, "That's good. Let's go then." We headed outside and began walking to the wonder bar. We went over a couple of tricks and talked about random things as we walked. After about five minutes, we arrived. I ushered Trucy inside and helped her get ready before scanning the tables for my father. I found him sitting towards the front. His eyes focused intently on Trucy.

I looked towards her and saw a man chatting her up. This man what practically eye raping her. She looked very uncomfortable and I knew that if I didn't do something soon, father would punch him. I went up behind Trucy and glared at the man. He got the message and left. She thanked me and went back to preparing. I went to my father to hit up a conversation while I waited.

As I walked to the table, I felt eyes on me. I hated being stared at. All the pervy old men liked to stare at Trucy and I. I sat down and watched Trucy. I heard father clear his throat, "Are you performing with her today?" I looked at him, "No. Just watching today. Too many perverts today..." He nodded, "I know. I saw how you intimidated that man earlier. You're a great older sister." I smiled, "I guess so. I mean, what girl wants to see their 15-year-old sibling get stared at by old men?"

He chuckled, "You're only 16 yourself and they stare at you twice as much." I shrugged, "As long as Trucy is ok, they can stare at me all they want to because I don't really care." He ruffled my hair, "That's my girl!" After that, Trucy started her show. About halfway through, a man came in. He was very handsome.

My heart went 'boom'!

After the show ended, father noticed the strange man and dragged Trucy and I out of there. Trucy blinked, "Daddy, what's wrong?" He didn't answer her. We got back to the office and went inside.

Days later I went with Trucy again. This time, father was at work so he couldn't come. I was performing, so I decided to wear make-up and do my hair nicely. When we walked in, I noticed the same handsome man from yesterday. My heart pounded. Trucy looked back and forth between the man and I before smiling, "You like him, don't you?" I shook my head, "No! I don't even know him, Truce."

She ignored me and went over to him. They spoke for a couple of minutes before Trucy pointed at me. I was starting to get nervous. Suddenly, the man got up and Trucy led him over to me. When he was in front of me, I introduced myself, "(Y/n) Wright. It's a pleasure to meet you." He looked at Trucy, "Wright?" She nodded, "My sister." I smiled as I saw the badge on his lapel, "Thank you for all your service." He smiled and kissed my hand, "If it takes fighting in court for us to meet, it will have been worth it."

After that, we exchanged addresses. Trucy and I performed, then we went home. I started on my letter to the man, whose name I learned was Kristoph. I felt giddy. I hid the letter from father because it seemed like he didn't like Kristoph. I sent off the letter and waited for a response. A week later, I received a letter back. We went back and forth like this for a while until one day, he asked me out through one of his letters. I sent a letter back saying yes.

That same day I asked father about Kristoph like I didn't know who he was, "Daddy (You call Phoenix daddy like Trucy does), who's Kristoph Gavin?" He immediately turned to me, "Where did you hear about him?!" I tilted my head, "From people I pass on the streets. Why?" He sighed, "He is an evil person. He pulls people in with his calm and collected persona and snaps on them like a Venus flytrap." I nodded, "Ok. Thank you for telling me."