Instead (Phoenix x Reader x Apollo)

Song: Instead By Ryan Amador

This is hobo Phoenix by the way!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Your Pov:

I sat in the office with Phoenix. He was drunk, but luckily Trucy and Apollo were out. He yelled and threw things but I still loved him. He was just frustrated. After 30 minutes, he passed out. I put him on the couch, covered him with a blanket, and set some Advil on the table next to him. I turned off the lights and walked out. I nearly bumped into Apollo, "S-Sorry!" He smiled, "It's ok. Where's Mr. Wright?" I shushed him, "He's asleep." I tilted my head, "What's up?"  Apollo sighed, "Can we talk?" I nodded, "Sure." He led me to a park and we sat under a tree. He grabbed my hand.

"Go, be yourself, on your way and don't ever look back, to check if I'm okay. And don't ever be sad that you chose him instead. Cause I don't want regrets." I winced. I knew what he was talking about. Before I loved Phoenix, I loved him. He continued, "And I'd rather be rid of it. And when you want someone who'll care, who will know how you feel when you don't wanna share. Who will show you support when you've lost your meaning. Just remember this time. When you chose not to be with me."

Thoughts swirled around in my head. I love Phoenix, but at the same time, I can't let Apollo go. Apollo looked at me, "And I tried to defend how I thought we would play out! I came and confessed that I love you more than he does!" He whispered quietly, "So choose me instead. Choose me instead..." I put my head down, "Apollo, I...he needs me. He won't let anyone else help him." Apollo shook his head, "Cause he's not good enough for you! He's not good enough for you. He won't do the things that I would do!
He's not good enough for you. He's not good enough to be even half as good as he should be and I watch you choose him instead of me!"

I frowned, "Apollo, I know he has problems, but I think I can solve them. I can't leave him." Apollo looked into my eyes sadly, "I watched you choose him instead of me." He looked away, "Go be in love. I don't care. But don't ever pretend that we're both unaware cause the truth is that you still permit me to be close enough that I know that you don't want me to leave!" I knew that was true. I didn't want him to leave. There was still a small space in my heart for him.

Apollo clenched his fists, "And then I remember he's there. And he's been there for years. At your side like a stain! And when I see you with him, in your eyes there's a pain. And it's trapped you inside! Like you can't get away!" Tears now dripped down my face. One part of me loved Phoenix because I sympathized with him while the other loved Apollo because I could be free. It trapped me.

Six Months Later...

I stood in the room by myself. A white wedding dress hugged my form while a veil hung over my hair. This was supposed to be the happiest day of my life, but there was a pit in my stomach. I turned towards the door as it opened. Apollo stepped in. He looked handsome in his tux. He sighed, "He's not good enough for you.
He won't do the things that I would do." I shook my head, "I love him, Apollo. That fact will not change." Apollo continued, a solemn look on his face, "He's not good enough to be
Even half the man that he should be!"

Apollo's words rang in my head as I walked down the aisle. My mind was set, but my heart was aching. As I stood at the altar, I tried to tell myself that I loved Phoenix. Each time was harder than the last. The time for 'I do's' came. The priest spoke, "Do you, Phoenix Wright, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife till death do you part?" Phoenix smiled, "I do." The priest turned to me, "Do you, (Y/n) (L/n), take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband till death do you part?" I looked at Apollo just in time to see one tear roll down his cheek, "I do." The priest spoke again.

"I now pronounce you man and wife!" Everyone cheered and headed out to the reception. I felt like a weight had been added onto my shoulders. During the reception, Apollo gave his speech. He finished with, "May you always be satisfied."

I wish I had chose Apollo instead...

Months after the wedding, Phoenix got drunk more often. Sometimes, Trucy was at home. She would stay in her room like I told her to. I did it for her safety. Phoenix became violent. Whenever he got drunk (which was almost everyday), he would throw empty alcohol bottles and anything he could get his hands on at me.

Apollo was right all along.

Phoenix wasn't good enough for me.