Love Is For Defense Attorneys (Apollo x Von Karma Reader)

Your Pov:

I sat with my sister - Franziska - in her office. She wanted to talk to me about the thing that was distracting me from my studies. I knew that she was going to freak out on me because I was in love with a defense attorney. I looked up at Franziska, "I've been distracted by um...a..." She sighed, "By what?" I closed my eyes, "A defense attorney..." I spoke again, "I love him."

She shook her head, "Love is for defense attorneys which we're obviously not!" She stood and slammed her hands on the desk, "Who needs a heart that's going to bleed?! It's inconvenient and just makes you hot!" I slouched slightly as she smiled, "Let your sister tell you what you need. Not just any clown, someone with a perfect record and a happy life is guaranteed!"

I stood and pulled one of my romance novels off the shelf, "But Franziska, that can't be right." She turned to me, "Did you say something?!" I smiled slightly, "All the books I've read, all the poems always said that a heart is made to share." I shook my head, "Joy's not found in things such as records and cases but in love that's always there." I hugged the book to my chest, "That's the jewel beyond compare."

She frowned, "You need to stop reading those books. Filling your head with thoughts!" She sat back at the desk, "Now go (Y/n), do something to make yourself smarter." I nodded, "Yes, Franziska..." I took my book and left the room. I passed the detectives and headed outside. I sat under a nearby tree and started to read my book. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I jumped and looked up, "Polly?" He was holding a thick folder, "Hey, (Y/n). I was just dropping off some documents. What's up?"

I smiled at him, "Just catching up on some reading. Franziska thinks love is for fools, but I don't..." He scratched the back of his neck, "C-Can I ask you something?" I nodded, "Of course." He sat next to me, "I need some advice. There's this girl I really like, but I don't know how to ask her out. What should I do?" My heart snapped in two, but I forced a smile onto my face, "J-Just be yourself. Tell her how you really feel and come clean. If she doesn't feel the same, that's ok."

I stood, "I... I have to go. I'll talk to you later." He stood as well, "Alright. I'll see you." As I walked away from him, a lone tear slid down my face. I went to one of the private bathrooms and cried. Hot, salty tears ran down my face and dripped onto the ground. I thought that my novels had prepared me for this kind of situation, but I had my hopes up too high.

That girl better hold him tight, give him all her love, look in his beautiful eyes, and know she's lucky. I cleaned up my face and went to my office. I shut the door and put on some music. The first song was 'Teardrops on My Guitar' by Taylor Swift. I started filing my folders, not knowing I was singing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Drew looks at me. I fake a smile so he won't see what I want, what I need, and everything that we should be.

The first time I smiled fakely at Apollo was today. I love him, but he can't know that. I want him to be happy. Even of that means choosing his happiness over mine.

I'll bet she's beautiful. That girl he talks about. And she's got everything that I've had to live without.

The way his eyes sparkled when he told me he liked this girl...She must really be something. This girl has Apollo and he's something I'll have to live without now.

Drew talks to me and I laugh 'cause it's just so funny that I can't even see anyone when he's with me.

Whenever Apollo and I talked, it was like nobody else existed. I would laugh with him, but it was because no one compared to him.

He says he's so in love. He's finally got it right. I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night.

Today, my heart cracked in half. He says he loves her, but my heart wishes for him to say he loves me instead. He thinks she's the one I guess, because he wants to be with her. He doesn't know, that at night, when I read my novels, I'm thinking about him.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star. He's the song in the car I keep singing. Don't know why I do.

He's the reason I'm crying, yet, he's the only thing that keeps me doing the things I do. I just don't know why...

Drew walks by me. Can he tell that I can't breathe? And there he goes so perfectly. The kind of flawless I wish I could be. She better hold him tight, give him all her love, look in those beautiful eyes, And know she's lucky 'cause...

This girl better love him with everything she has. He deserves only the best. That girl is very lucky. He likes her.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star. He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do...

So, I'll drive home alone. As I turn out the light, I'll put his picture down, And maybe get some sleep tonight.

I won't need to drive him home anymore once he gets together with that girl. I always stare at that picture of us on my bedside table before I go to sleep, but I need to put it away.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar. The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart. He's the song in the car I keep singing. Don't know why I do...

He doesn't like me because he's been around me too long. He probably sees me as a little sister or something. That breaks my heart even more.

He's the time taken up, but there's never enough. And he's all the I need to fall into...

He is never around long enough. He could be doing work with me for hours, but it never felt like it was enough. He was all that I thought I needed, but I was so wrong.

Drew looks at me...I fake a smile so he won't see...

If I act like I'm ok, he won't suspect a thing. He'll be able to go and be happy with that girl.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I jumped when I heard clapping behind me. I turned to see Apollo and Ema. I rubbed the back of my neck, "H-Hey, guys..." Ema smiled, "I never knew you could sing like that!" I placed another folder into the cabinet, "T-Thanks..." Apollo turned to Ema, "Hey Ema, can you go down to the vending machines and get me a bottle of grape juice and some snackoos?"

She nodded and left, shutting the door behind her. Apollo looked at me, "I-I have something to tell you..." I looked at him, "What is it?" He blushed, "D-Do you remember the girl I told you about?" I nodded, "Yeah. What about her?" He grabbed my hand gently, "I... was talking about y-you..."

He leaned forward shyly and kissed me. I froze in shock, but slowly kissed back. I wrapped my arms around his neck. Just as the kiss deepened, Ema barged into the room, "I got the snackoos and ju-woah!!!" We pulled away, blushing.

After a while of Ema teasing us, she went back to her office. Apollo and I cuddled on my office sofa, talking about stuff until we fell asleep.

Maybe...Maybe love isn't just meant for defense attorneys.