That Would Be Enough (Kristoph x Phoenix's Daughter! Reader)

Author's Note: This chapter has heavy subjects such as abortion, teen pregnancy, etc. Please skip if this makes you uncomfortable. Thank you.

Your Pov:

I went home after the night I stayed with Kristoph. Father and I apologized to each other when I came home. Everything was back to normal. Or so I thought...

In the following weeks, I was throwing up a lot and my mood changed rapidly. I began to narrow down the possibilities one by one. It hit me when I was grocery shopping one day. I passed through the aisle for sexually active people. As I got to the end of the aisle, I noticed the pregnancy tests. That's when it clicked. I threw the test in the cart and got the rest of the groceries.

After that, I hurried home. Luckily, daddy and Trucy were out. I went to the bathroom with the test and took it out of the box. I did the test and sat it on the counter. I waited nervously for 5 minutes. The test beeped. I looked.

Positive

I looked down at my stomach. I was carrying life inside me. I was carrying Kristoph's baby. That made me slump down to the floor. Kristoph had recently been arrested on charges for murder. The sentencing had been life. I was devastated when I heard.

I got up and went to my small desk. I pulled out a piece of paper and a pen. I started writing a letter to the judge, asking him to re-judge the sentencing. I specified the reasons, down to every detail. I did this for a month, while waiting for an acceptance letter for my conjugal visits with Kristoph. I had to wear baggy clothing to hide my forming bump from daddy and Trucy.

One day, I finally received my acceptance letter. I got dressed and walked over to the detention center where the visit was going to be. Once I arrived, the guard led me to a room with a table and two chairs. He glanced at my stomach multiple times too. I sat in one of the chairs and waited. I put my hand over my stomach. Suddenly, the door opened.

Kristoph came in. His face was blank. When he saw me, a look of shock flickered across his face. He sat down and the guard left the room. I spoke, "Look around at how lucky we are to be alive right now..." He looked at me, "What?" I placed his hand on my stomach and a look of surprise flashed on his face, "How long have you known?" I smiled softly, "About a month or so." He shook his head,

"(Y/n), you should have told me." I sighed, "I wrote to the judge a month ago." He looked at me, "No."

I nodded, "I begged him re-judge and reconsider." He grabbed my hand, "You should have told me." I shook my head, "I knew stay here till your time was done. But you deserve to meet your son." He looked me in the eyes, "Will you relish in being a convicted man's lover? Unable to provide for you in here?" I nodded, "I relish being your lover. And if this child shares a fraction of your smile, or a fragment of your mind, that would be enough."

After that, our visit was over. Kristoph pressed a kiss to my lips and a hand to my stomach before I left. I went home thinking of a way to break this big news to my father. His first response would probably be anger, followed by sadness. Once home, I went to the living room. Both Trucy and daddy were sitting on the couch. Trucy turned to me, "Oh! You're home!" I nodded, "Yeah..."

Daddy looked at me. Then, his eyes fell to my stomach. I sighed, "I..." Before I could speak, daddy stood, "What the hell is this?!" I took a step back, "I-I'm...pregnant..." He took a step forward, "Are you joking?! Who's the father!?" Trucy, who was sitting on the couch, made me sit next to her. I looked at my feet, "I-It's K-Kris-" Before he could even get the words out, he was already mad, "Kristoph's?! I thought I told you that you were never to see him again! When did you sleep with him!?"

I pushed myself further into the couch, "The day that we fought..." He turned away from me, "I don't want his spawn in this house." Trucy gasped, "Daddy!" He shook his head, "No Trucy. Either you get an abortion, or you get out of my house!" I stood, "Fine. I'll get out." I went to my room and packed up all my stuff. I grabbed my suitcase and walked past them, to the door. I told Trucy goodbye and left.

I paid for a cheap hotel room and stayed there until the next visit I had with Kristoph.