Mind Games (Klavier x Reader)

A/N: This chapter contains mentions of abuse, swearing, and other triggering subjects. If that makes you uncomfortable, please do not read this chapter. Thank you.

Your Pov:

I sat backstage in the Sunshine Colliseum. I was going to perform a song with Klavier tonight. I turned to the mirror to continue with my make up when my eyes were drawn to the bruise developing on my cheek. I sighed and started to cover it with concealer. The relationship I had with Klavier was something toxic.

We loved each other, but constantly fought about the smallest things. Fights led to physical violence which left marks on both of us. Neither of us could bring ourselves to break it off because we were addicted to each other. So, we stayed even though it just caused more pain. I was finishing my make up when I heard knocking on the door. I turned, "Come in." The door opened and Klavier walked in. He spoke, "Are you almost ready? We're starting soon." I nodded.

"Yeah. I just have to change." He nodded and I noticed him eyeing my cheek with the bruise in an almost guilty way. He walked out and I changed into my other outfit. I walked out and met with Klavier in the wings of the stage. He spoke quietly, "We're on in 5." I nodded and waited. The performance before us finished and the lights dimmed. I walked out and got in my spot.

You
Klavier

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn? Well, that's all right because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry? Well, that's all right because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie...

I loved him, but I also fell in love with the way he could lie and make me believe him. He would just stand and watch me cry or glare at him after our fights. He cared and didn't care all at the same time.

Klavier walked into the stage with his head bowed as he started singing.

I can't tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it feels like. And right now, it's a steel knife in my windpipe. I can't breathe, but I still fight while I can fight! As long as the wrong feels right, it's like I'm in flight. High off her love, drunk from her hate. It's like I'm huffin' paint and I love her, the more I suffer, I suffocate.

The longer we stayed together, the more we suffocated each other. We knew we were hurting, but we didn't care.

Klavier clutched his shirt in the area right under his throat. I looked away from him. I noticed Mr. Wright, Apollo, and Trucy in the audience.

And right before I'm about to drown, she resuscitates me. She fuckin' hates me, and I love it; "Wait! Where you going?" "I'm leaving you”, "No, you ain't, come back!" We're runnin' right back, here we go again. It's so insane, 'cause when it's goin' good, it's goin' great! I'm Superman with the wind at his back, she's Lois Lane!

I mouthed the 'I'm leaving you' part and I could feel the anger in his voice as he continued. He hated it when I threatened to leave.

But when it's bad, it's awful, I feel so ashamed. I snap, "Who's that dude?", I don't even know his name! I laid hands on her, I'll never stoop so low again! I guess I don't know my own strength!

I brought my hand to my cheek and wiped the make up away. Gasps rang out through the audience. I noticed that Trucy had a hand over her mouth, Apollo was glaring at Klavier, and Mr. Wright was shaking his head. I could feel Klavier's gaze on me.