6 Dancing Princesses Pt 4

Your Pov:

All of us sat in our shared bedroom talking and doing other things. Suddenly, the door opened and Franziska came in along with Gumshoe. Franziska sighed, "Oh, look. Charming." Pearls hurried to her bed nervously. Franziska looked at Gumshoe, "Gumshoe, remove this mess." Gumshoe picked up the vase of roses and replaces it with a small clock. The time read 4:00.

Hours later...

It was now 8:00. Franziska told us bedtime was going to be 8:00 from now own. Our beds had been moved into two parallel rows with six beds on each side. All of the canopies and colored blankets had also been removed. Everything was bland and colorless. Then, the clock chimed, meaning Franziska was coming. I closed the book I was reading, "It's 8:00! Hurry!" Iris, Dahlia, and Maya gasped before rushing to their beds. Mia gasped as she got into bed, "Go, go, go!" I started lifting my covers when I noticed Pearls struggling to get onto her bed. I rushed over and helped her up, "Here you go, Pearls."

Just as I got to the middle of the room, the door opened. Franziska stepped in, "(Y/n). Late again, hm? You know bedtime is now 8 o' clock." I bowed my head, "Uh, sorry, your grace." She spoke, "Yes, tardiness is terribly un princess like, don't you think? I'll see everyone tomorrow, bright and early! Happy dreams, girls." She left the room and I got into bed. Maya whispered, "She's so mean!" I sighed, "If Papa knew what Franziska was really like, he'd change his mind."

Mia shook her head, "I don't know. He asked her to be in charge." Dahlia spoke up, "Talk to him, (Y/n). He'll listen to you." With that, I drifted off.

The next day...

I sat in the throne room, playing chess with Papa. He spoke, "Now, where do we leave off? Bishop to queen 3." I smiled, "Hmm, you're making me pay for beating you last time." He nodded, "Exactly." I laughed, "You have to wait a little longer. Rook takes bishop." He shook his head,"Oh. How did I miss that?" I spoke up, "Um, Papa, I was wondering-" He cut me off, "If I go easy on you, no. Knight to king 4." I shook my head, "It's about, uh, cousin Franziska." He nodded, "Hm, charming, isn't she?" I bit my lip, "Very, uh, stylish. But, she's changing everything. She wants to do everything her way."

He nodded, "As I asked her to." I sighed, "But we were fine before!" I was interrupted by Franziska coming in with a tea cart, "Well, that's not what I heard, (Y/n)." Franziska sighed, "But, perhaps you're right. So much work to be done. Maybe I not right one for the task. What you really need is an entire team, you see. Tutors report to call diction, language, educate, style. You know it's exhausting just to think about it. I, I should go. Yes, I should." Papa stopped her, "No, Franziska, you mustn't. My girls need you. I can't embarrass them in front of the kingdom by bringing groups of tutors. There's enough talk already." Franziska nodded, "Well, if you really think I can be of service."

Papa looked at her, "It's settled, then." I looked at him, "But Papa!" He shook his head, "You must listen to the duchess. She knows what's best for you. I don't want to hear anymore of the subject." I stood up, "Yes, Papa." I rushed out of the room.

No One's Pov:

The king sighed, "Oh. I hate to see her upset." Franziska spoke as she made the tea, "Girls are so emotional." Franziska had her back turned as she put a few drops of poison into the king's tea. She continued speaking, "What they need is proper guidance. Here, dear cousin. Try this tea. Smooth and refreshing." The king drank the tea, unaware of the ingredients inside. Franziska raised the cup to her lips to conceal her smirk.

"To your health..."