Breaking News (Edgeworth x Reader)

Your Pov:

I sat in the living room with Phoenix and Miles. I had just found out that I was pregnant a few days before and decided to use this as an opportunity for a prank. Phoenix was also in on it. I nodded slightly to Phoenix, who nodded back. Then, I looked at Miles, "I have something important to tell you." Miles spoke, "What is it?" I paused, trying to create some tension, "I'm pregnant." He looked at me, "Pregnant? With our baby?" I nodded, then bit my lip, "Yes, but, not exactly."

He tilted his head slightly, "What do you mean, 'not exactly'?" I smirked on the inside as I let a sad expression slip on to my face, "The baby isn't yours. It's...Phoenix's." Phoenix spoke up, "We wanted to tell you sooner but we didn't want to hurt you." Miles was completely still. Then, a tear fell from his eye, "I...I trusted you! I loved you. And this is how you repay me?" I immediately felt terrible.

Miles continued, "I want your things out by tonight. And if they aren't, I'll throw them out myself." My jaw dropped. He turned to Phoenix, "And you. You're despicable. Get out. And don't expect to see me in court tomorrow." I decided to give up the prank, "Wait! Wait! It was just a prank!" He looked at me, "It's not his baby?" I shook my head, "No. It's yours. No one else's." Phoenix left to give us some privacy. I sighed, "This is our baby and I'm excited to have a family with you. I love you."

He gently pulled me into a hug, "I love you and I'm sorry for what I said to you. It was wrong of me." I shook my head, "No. I'm sorry. We shouldn't have pranked you like that." He looked at me, "That doesn't matter now. I'm going to try my best to be there for you two. Now, you should go rest while I finish up my work." I smiled, "Ok. Come lay down with me after you get done."

He nodded, "Of course I will."