With Him or Her (Apollo x Reader x Iris)

Your Pov:

He put it on me, I put it on
Like there was nothing wrong

I sat at home watching tv on the sofa. I was waiting for Apollo to come home from work, but he was taking a while. Well, longer than usual, anyways. Then, the door opened and Apollo stepped in. I stood up and walked over to him, "How was work?" He smiled, "It was fine." I hugged him and that's when I smelled women's perfume on him.

It didn't fit, it wasn't right
Wasn't just the size

That didn't make sense to me. He didn't work with any women who wore this perfume. I knew what Trucy and Athena's perfumes smelled like and it wasn't either of theirs. I pulled away from him, "I'm going to head to bed." He nodded, "Alright." I went to my room and grabbed my phone. I texted Trucy about this and she told me that a woman came to the office and they were gone for two hours.

They say you know when you know
I don't know
I didn't feel the fairytale feeling
No
Am I a stupid girl for even dreaming
That I could?

I tossed my phone on the bed as tears ran down my cheeks. It's just as I thought. I sighed and grabbed my suitcase from under my bed. I packed some essentials and clothes into it and set it in the corner. I wasn't going to leave yet, but I wanted to have a bag packed just in case. I felt dumb for not thinking of this possibility.

If it's not like the movies
That's how it should be
When he's the one
I'll come undone
And my world will stop spinning
And that's just the beginning

I looked towards my shelf and noticed all off the crappy romcoms we watched together. All of the couples in those movies got to be happy together. Why...Why couldn't we?

Snow White said when I was young
"One day my prince will come."
So I'll wait for that date
They say it's hard to meet your match
Gotta find my better half
So we make perfect shapes

I thought Apollo was the person I was going to be with forever. I could not have been more wrong. I felt terrible. Was I not enough? Was there something about me that I could change and make better? I don't know.

If stars don't align
If it doesn't stop time
If you can't see the sign
Wait for it
One hundred percent
Worth every penny spent
He'll be the one
That finishes your sentences

I waited for Apollo to go to sleep before going on a walk. The night air was cold and crisp. The sidewalk was empty and cars passed every few minutes. I walked into the park. I started to zone out as I walked. Then, I bumped into someone. I looked up, "I'm-" I was cut off, "Sorry!"

If it's not like the movies
That's how it should be
When he's the one
I'll come undone
And my world will stop spinning
And that's just the beginning

I had bumped into a girl. She had dark, black hair in two braids. She smiled at me, "I'm sorry for bumping into you. Are you alright?" I smiled back, "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you." She looked at me intently, "I know it's not really any of my business, but you look like you've been crying." I sighed, "Yeah. My boyfriend...I think he's cheating on me." She led me to a bench and we sat down, "That's terrible. What's your name?"

'Cause I know you're out there
And you're-you're looking for me, oh
It's a crazy idea
That you were made perfectly for me
You'll see

I smiled at her, "I'm (Y/n). What about you?" She smiled back, "I'm Iris. Now, your boyfriend must be blind to not see the beauty in front of him. I can tell that you also have the heart to go along with it." I blushed, "Thank you. I...no one's ever said that to me before." She looked at me, "I'm only telling the truth. If you're unhappy here, wht don't you come with me? I'm a nun up in the temple on Eagle Mountain. Have you heard about it?" I nodded, "Yes. I have. And I'll go. I just need to grab my stuff." She nodded, "Of course. Lead the way."

So I led her to the apartment. I opened the door to find Apollo pacing. His gaze snapped to mine, "Where were you? I've been so worried." I shrugged, "I went on a walk and met Iris." I gestured to her. I continued, "And I've decided, I'm leaving you."

Just like the movies
That's how it will be
Cinematic and dramatic
With the perfect ending

His voice dropped, "W-What?" I sighed, "I know you're cheating on me Apollo. Don't play me for a fool, ok?" He spoke, "Ok, I-I did, but I love you! I'll change, just don't go!" I shook my head, "I'm sorry. I can't." I walked into my room and grabbed my bags. I grabbed Iris' hand with my free hand and turned to Apollo, "Goodbye, Apollo." With that, I turned and walked out with Iris. We took the next bus to the base of the mountain and then rode a snow ski to the temple.

It's not like the movies
But that's how it should be
When he's the one
You'll come undone
And your world will stop spinning
And it's just the beginning

Iris and I grew closer and closer. Eventually, I began to fall in love with her. Bikini had to give us a little push, but we eventually confessed to each other. I finally felt like those couples in those romcoms. It was like something out of a movie.

I loved her.

And she loved me.

It was just like the movies.