Flaws (Dick Gumshoe x Reader)

Requested by weeberswithbeers

Your Pov:

Working with Franziska Von Karma was a pain in the neck. Everything had to be absolutely perfect or she'd have a mental breakdown and act like it's the end of the world. (No hate to Franziska! I love her!) I sat at my desk working on more reports. Other detectives shuffled around me as I tried to get the reports done. After filling out my 30th report, I heard the crack of a whip and a yelp. I turned to see Gumshoe stumbling out of Franziska's office. She threw a report out the door, "Get it right next time, scruffy. And I won't have to hit you with my whip!" I sighed and stood up.

The door shut and I went up to Gumshoe, "Long day?" He nodded, "The longest, pal. Ms. Von Karma's in a bad mood today." I dragged him to the break room and shut the door, "She's in a bad mood everyday, Gumshoe! You can't let her treat you like this!" He scratched the back of his head, "I-I know, pal. But Mr. Edgeworth told me I was going to get a raise for putting up with her!" I sighed. That's just sad. Knowing Edgeworth, Gumshoe's not getting that raise. I sighed, "That's nice, Gumshoe. But no, seriously. You need to stand up for yourself!"

I continued, "And if you don't stand up for yourself, I will do it for you. And it won't be so pretty when I do." He nodded frantically, "Alright, alright! I'll do it!" I smiled, "Good. Now go do it! I'll be waiting." He left the break room and I sat down to have a coffee and/or tea while I waited. Then, I heard a crash and the sound of a whip cracking. I put my cup on the table and stood up. I'm done. They're both going to get it. I don't care how angry Franziska gets. I made my way out and spotted Franziska's office door open. I made my way over and looked inside. Of course, Franziska was whipping the stuffing out of Gumshoe.

I stepped inside and shut the door behind me. Franziska stopped her assault and looked at me, "Can I help you, Detective (L/n)?" I nodded, "You can actually. Why don't you do everyone here a favor and stop picking on Gumshoe?" She gasped, "Excuse me?" I continued, "You heard me. Gumshoe is not your servant, nor is he your punching bag. No one here wants to tolerate your bitchy behavior just because something isn't perfect the first time. Either learn to deal with it or get out of here."

She cracked her whip on the wall near my head. I didn't even flinch, which made her more angry. She spoke, "How foolish can you possibly be?! I'm the one keeping all of you fools in line! Without me, you'd all be drowning in disorganization." I rolled my eyes, "If anything, Mr. Edgeworth has kept us detectives more in line. He lets us learn from our mistakes. You punish us for them. Now you're really pissing me off. Let me put it this way, if you don't get yourself together, I'll bring this to Mr. Edgeworth's attention and then the higher ups if I have to. Understand?"

Gumshoe looked between us nervously. If he thought I was going to let this fly, then he was insane. Franziska growled, "Fine! Tell the other foolish detectives that everyone's work will be cut in half next week. As for you and scruffy over there, I'm promoting you two to Edgeworth's personal aides for a month. Go bother him for a while." I nodded, "Thank you, Ms. Von Karma." I grabbed Gumshoe and pulled him out of the office, "See, was that so hard? You got a promotion out of it too!" He sheepishly grinned, "I guess so, pal. Um...thanks for helping me out." I nodded, "No problem."

I reached up and kissed him on the cheek, "Well, I have work to do. I'll see you later!" I turned and went back to my desk, feeling happy about the outcome of the conversation.

In someone's office over the phone...

"I promoted scruffy and Detective
(L/n) to your personal aides for a month."

"YOU DID WHAT?!"