Half Of A Heart (Godot x Reader)

Your Pov:

Tears flowed down my cheeks. I turned and left his office in silence. I didn't expect him to chase after me or beg me not to leave. I stepped outside onto the wet sidewalk. The sky rumbled and lightning flashed in the sky. It was pouring rain. I sped walked down the sidewalk, still crying.

With Godot~

He sat in his office in shock. She had come to visit him. She had something important to tell him. She greeted him with a hug and a kiss before sitting down. Then, she told him.

She was leaving him.

She said she was leaving him because she wanted a life that he could not give her. She didn't want to be second choice to a dead lover.

He held his head in his hands. He loved her, but he knew that he could never give up Mia completely. He knew that (Y/n) wouldn't want him to do so, but he also knew about how insecure it made her feel.

A tear slid down his face and out of the bottom of his visor.

She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette. She broke his heart, he spent his whole life tryin' to forget...

Time Skip...A Month Later...

Godot sat in his office alone. A bottle of whiskey sat on the desk, along with a glass and his paper work. He started to write, but soon, he started to think about her. He stopped writing and grabbed the bottle, lifting it to his lips, completely disregarding the cup. He took a few drinks, but her memory remained. He drank the entire bottle.

Still, her memory persisted in his mind.

We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time. But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind.
Until the night...

Godot knew that everyone in the office knew about his drinking addiction. Instead of smelling like freshly brewed coffee, he smelt like whiskey. One of the people who became concerned, was Edgeworth. Edgeworth tried to speak with him on numerous occasions, but he didn't listen to him. Godot stared at the empty whiskey bottle.

Besides it...was a gun and a note.

He read the note to himself, "I'll love her until the day I die."

Of course, he wrote it.

He remembered everything they did together. From the first kiss to the last kiss. From their first meeting to their last. His hands were littered with scars from picking up the pieces of his heart like the whiskey bottles he threw against the wall in anger.

He chuckled to himself. It was wry and sorrowful. He couldn't see the blood from the scars. He didn't feel alive. And what was that expression about anger?

Seeing red?

How ironic.

He grabbed the gun and held it to his temple. He spoke one last time.

"I love you, (Y/n)."

He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger. And finally drank away her memory. Life is short, but this time it was bigger than the strength he had to get up off his knees.

No One's Pov:

After the sound of the gunshot rang out in the Prosecutor's Office. Edgeworth was the first to stumble upon the scene. Soon enough, Edgeworth stood outside of the office with Franziska, Klavier, Ema, Gumshoe, and Maggey. They all had seen the same sad scene. An ambulance was called, but it was too late. Godot was gone.

We found him with his face down in the pillow. With a note that said, 'I'll love her till I die.' And when we buried him beneath the willow, the angels sang a whiskey lullaby...

The next week, a funeral was held. And (Y/n) had came. She sat in the very back and bowed her head to hide the onset of tears. She could feel everyone's sympathetic gazes on her. After the funeral, she stayed in the graveyard and sat in front of his gravestone. She apologized for everything and cried a bit more before leaving. Once in her car, she unzipped her purse and pulled out a small bottle of whiskey out of it.

Time Skip...Three Years Later...

Your Pov:

I sat at the bar, surrounded by men. I would always go to the bar, drink, flirt with some guys, and go home alone. Every time I would flirt with a guy, I would think of him. I downed another glass of whiskey, feeling the familiar burning sensation in my throat. I drank until my vision blurred. Then, I went home. I laid in bed silently.

I clutched his picture and passed out.

The rumors flew but nobody knew how much she blamed herself. For years and years, she tried to hide the whiskey on her breath...

I knew everyone could smell the alcohol on me. I just wanted to forget him and all of the regret and guilt I felt. I sat on my bed, staring at the locket in my hand. The picture inside was of Godot and I on our 2 year anniversary date. I closed the locket and clasped it around my neck. Then, I looked down at the blankets.

Nestled in them, was a half empty whiskey bottle and a gun. I couldn't keep living knowing that I was to blame for all of this. I opened the bottle drinking the remaining contents. I grabbed Godot's picture.

She finally drank her pain away a little at a time. But she never could get drunk enough to get him off her mind...

I grabbed the gun and placed it towards my heart. I took a deep breath and spoke.

"I love you, Diego Armando."

Until the night she put that bottle to her head and pulled the trigger. And finally drank away his memory. Life is short, but this time it was bigger than the strength she had to get up off her knees.

No One's Pov:

(Y/n) was found a day later one of her concerned friends, Phoenix Wright. Everyone mourned and planned her funeral together. The funeral was held at the same place they had Godot's.

We found her with her face down in the pillow. Clinging to his picture for dear life...

At the funeral, everyone cried. They headed to the graveyard and went silent as the coffin descended into the ground. They had decided to reunite the two and they buried (Y/n) right next to Godot.

Now, hopefully, they could reunite in the afterlife...

We laid her next to him beneath the willow...

While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby...