Free Pt. 2

Your Pov:

I sat in my room, working on the last of my science lessons. I kept daydreaming, so I was working a lot slower than usual. Just as I finished, there was a knock at the door. I looked up, "Come in." The door opened and Miles stepped in before shutting the door behind him, "Princess." I smiled, "I told you, just (Y/n) is fine. Now, what is it?" He spoke, "Come to the village with me?" I stood, "I would love to, but..." I gestured to my dress and crown. He lifted a cloak from his arm, "Here. Now, we should get going." I put the cloak on and followed Miles out of the room. As we walked down the hall, we passed my mother's most trusted advisor, Von Karma.

He paid us little heed and we headed out to the carriage. Miles helped me inside before getting on top behind the horses. The reins snapped and we were off. I smiled as the wind ran through my hair. After a few minutes, we stopped in the village. The sights and sounds were brand new. Miles helped me out of the carriage and we started walking around. We stopped a few feet from a stall and I suddenly heard singing. The voice and song were beautiful. I walked towards it, totally forgetting about Miles. I soon found myself in a plaza sort of area.

A woman in a cloak was singing for a crowd. Her hood was up, so I couldn't see her face. Then, she was interrupted by a woman. The woman seemed to be angry. She took the woman's cup of coins and walked off. The crowd dissipated and I approached her, "Here. You sang beautifully." She looked at me as I placed more coins into her cup. She smiled, "Thank you. What's your name?" I spoke, "I'm (Y/n). What's your name?" She tilted her head, "You have the same name as the princess."

I bit my lip,"Well..." She gasped and bowed. Her hood fell, revealing a black haired girl with crown braids, "I'm Iris, your highness." I shook my head, "Please, there's no need for that." She stood straight again, "What are you doing out of the palace?" I frowned, "I'm savoring a first, and last, taste of freedom before getting married next week to a total stranger..." Iris looked at me, "At least you're not an indentured servant..." I was confused, ""Indentured servant"?" She nodded, "If I'd like to have my breakfast hot Madame Fey will make me pay! And I have to fetch the eggs myself! And the barn's a mile away!" She spun around, smiling.

"It's cold and wet and still I get, an omelet on my plate. But in my head I'm back in bed! Snuggled up and sleeping late!" I sighed, "Really?" She nodded, "Really, but its alright. I mean, I'm used to it. And you?" I clasped my hands together, "Well..." She mimicked me, "Well?" I laughed, "If I want some eggs I ring the bell and the maid comes running in! And she serves them on a silver tray! And she brings a cookie tin!" I smiled and continued, "And while I eat, she rubs my feet! And strolling minstrels play. But I'd rather be in my library reading science books all day!"

She smiled, "I'm just like you." I tilted my head, "You are?" She nodded, "You're just like me. There's somewhere else we'd rather be. Somewhere that's ours! Somewhere that dreams come true! Yes, I am a girl like you!" I asked her, "So, you're a singer?" She frowned, "No, I work at Madame Fey's penitentiary— uh, I mean "Dress Emporium"." I gasped, "I love Madame Fey's Dresses!" Iris smiled, "I made the one you're wearing!" My eyes widened, "You made this? Its my favorite! The design looks so complicated!" She shook her head, "Oh, but it isn't really...First I choose a fabric from the rack, and I pin the pattern down! And I stitch it in the front and back! And it turns into a gown!" I twirled and smiled.

"I wear the gown, without my crown
And dance around my room." Then, we ended up talking in sync, "And imagine life without the strife of an unfamiliar groom!" I sighed, "But I'd never let my Mother know. I wouldn't want to disappoint her." Iris nodded, "I completely understand." I grabbed her hands and we spun around, "I'm just like you!" She smiled, "I think that's true!" We stopped spinning and I spoke, "You're just like me!" Iris lifted her skirt slightly to twirl, "Yes, I can see!" Then, we ended up talking in sync again, "We take responsibility!"

I sat on a nearby stone bench, "We carry through! Do what we need to do! Yes, I am a girl like you!" She sat on the bench next to me and we just talked about random things until Miles was able to find me. He was carrying two cups of some type of drink, but dropped them in shock when he saw us. Maybe it was Iris?

I didn't know. But after that, we headed back to the castle. I had told Iris to come sing for us another time and she was ecstatic. I felt a bit happier, but my unfamiliar fiance still put a damper on things.

A/N: Part 3?