He Thinks You're Cheating - Apollo Special

He Thinks You're Cheating - Apollo - Special

Your Pov:

I sat in my apartment, watching tv. Apollo's been really distant lately and I've been distant as well, but I don't know what to do. He comes home from work on time, changes his clothes, and then leaves again for hours at a time. Every time I ask him, he just says, "It's work stuff. You wouldn't understand."

At first, I shrugged it off, thinking it actually was work stuff. That was until I called him on his work break. He had told me when he left for work, that he was going to be the only one in the office. I called him and he picked up, but when he did, I heard the voice of someone else. As we talked, I kept hearing the same voice in the background. Eventually, I let him get back to his break. I was starting to get paranoid. So, I decided to get advice.

I went to Phoenix. Him and I were close friends. I asked him about who was at the office that day, and he said that Apollo was supposed to be alone that day. Him and Trucy were out, leaving Apollo in the office alone. I looked at him, "Well, I heard another voice over the phone when I called Apollo that sounded female. He's also been going out more often." Phoenix sighed, "I don't want to make you assume anything, but I don't want you to ignore it either. Do you want to get lunch and get your mind off of it?"

I nodded, "Sure. Sounds great." We left the office and went to a small restaurant. We sat at a table and ordered. As we waited, we talked more about other things. The waiter eventually came to us, "Excuse me miss, your meal comes with a choice of prewrapped, to go wine. Which kind do you prefer?" I bit my lip, "Oh, ah, could I get something non alcoholic? Thank you." The waiter nodded and left. Soon enough, we got our food and ate. After we finished, Phoenix payed and I headed home.

Once I got home, I took a quick shower and then headed to the kitchen. I made a quick dinner for Apollo and set it on the table. As I cleaned the dishes, I heard the door open. It closed and Apollo walked in. He turned to me, "How was your day?" I smiled at him, "It was fine. What about you?" He scratched the back of his neck before speaking, "Fine, but I didn't appreciate seeing my girlfriend on a lunch date with my boss." At first, I thought he was joking.

He expression didn't change. I spoke up, "You seriously think that I'm cheating on you? With your own boss?!" He pinched the bridge of his nose, "I don't know what to think. I'm always working, so I don't know what you do when I'm not here." That got to me. I scoffed, " 'Always working'? That's a lie and you know it!" He sighed, "Excuse me? How is that a lie?" I frowned, "Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because I hear random women's voices over the phone when I call you at work! When you're supposed to be alone, nonetheless!"

He dropped his messenger bag on the table, "You're accusing me now?" I swallowed, "I might as well be. If somebody's there, then tell me who!" He pulled some case files out of his bag, "No one's there. You're the only one I'm seeing." I shook my head, "Just answer this question, why do you feel like you've got to lie?!" He then packed up his bag again, "I forgot something at the office. I have to go get it." At this point I was done. I yelled at him, "Then you can get the rest of your sh*t and get out!"

After arguing back and forth for 10 more minutes. He took his stuff and left. I slammed the door and locked it. I slid down to the floor, tears running down my face. I was truly alone now.

I put a hand on my stomach.

Well...maybe not totally alone.

(2 months later)

We have went our separate ways after I found out you were cheating.

You are now living with another woman.

And I found out you now are having two children. Twins.

As D.H. Lawrence once said:

"Those that go searching for love only manifest their own lovelessness, and the loveless never find love, only the loving find love, and they never have to seek for it..."