6 Dancing Princesses Pt 3

No One's Pov:

A black and blue carriage made it's way up the path to the castle. The woman sitting inside looked at the castle in disdain. The carriage stopped in front of the castle stairs. The coachman, a raven haired man in a green overcoat, opened the door for her, "M'Lady." The woman stepped out, "Thank you, Gumshoe." The door creaked and Gumshoe tried to fix it. The woman sighed, "Gumshoe, my things." Gumshoe sighed and began to stack the luggage before lifting it up. The woman made her way to the door as Gumshoe spoke "And the carriage, M'Lady?" The woman shook her head, "Oh, we won't be needing it again."

The doors opened and the woman was greeted by the royal butler, "Welcome, Duchess Franziska. The King is expecting you." Franziska nodded, "Yes. He is." Franziska walked into the entryway, stopping in front of the late queen's portrait and re-enacting the pose. She looked at some of the antiques on the table. Then, she was greeting by Edgeworth, "Franziska, good for you to, um, come on a short notice." Franziska did a small curtsy, "Happy to be of service, dear cousin. I'm looking forward to my time here." The king turned, "Come. Meet my daughters. They're waiting for you." He led Franziska to the throne room where 5 out of 6 princesses stood in a line.

The king led Franziska to his first daughter, "Mia. The eldest." Mia curtsied, "Welcome, your grace." Franziska nodded, "Glad to be here, my dear." They moved on to the next, "Dahlia and Iris." Dahlia spoke, "Your grace." Iris followed after, "Greetings your ladyship." Franziska spoke, "And to you." (Y/n)'s spot was empty as they came to it. The king spoke, "And, um, well, um...the second youngest! Maya." Maya smiled, "Welcome your grace." Franziska looked at her, "The pleasure is mine." Then, they got to the last one. The king spoke up, "And the youngest! Pearl."

Pearl did a small curtsy, "Hi, your grace." Pearl held out a flower, "I picked this for you." Franziska tilted her head, "Would that be paint in your hair?" Pearls touched around her hair, but felt nothing. The king looked around, "And we're just missing, um, (Y/n)."

Your Pov:

I opened the doors and rushed in, "Right here!" I got into my spot and curtsied, "It's nice to see you, your grace." Cousin Franziska spoke, "Thank you, (Y/n). Tell me, are you often late?" I bit my lip, "Uh, well, I guess. Well, uh, yes. I'm working on it." Cousin Franziska turned to Papa, "Well you called me not a moment too soon. Your, your girls are dreadfully, unprepared for royal life." Papa spoke, "I've, um, asked Duchess Franziska to take charge of your upbringing." I gasped, "But, Papa, we-"

Papa shook his head, "No protests, please. One day, you'll be responsible for, uh, running the kingdom. You need to be proper princesses. Duchess Franziska will prepare you." Cousin Franziska spoke, "And it looks like I have my work cut out for me!" Franziska led us to another room and grabbed a plain grey dress from the closet, "Line up." We got lined up and she spoke again, "Things are going to be a bit different around here now, starting with your attire." She held up the dress for us to see before handing them to us. I changed into the dress and then she made us put our hair into buns with grey hairbands.

She then led us to another room and handed us plain, grey fans, "Fans up." We all opened our fans, except for Maya, who was having some trouble. Franziska sighed, "Iris, look alive!" Maya frowned, "I'm Maya." Franziska shook her head, "Whatever. Now flutter them like this." She started fluttering her fan, "Coy. Feminine." She paused and looked at Dahlia, "Pearl, you're creating a tornado." Dahlia sighed, "I'm Dahlia." Franziska shrugged, "And I'm getting impatient! Try again. Just above your noses."

Dahlia did as she said and Franziska sighed, "Good. Eh. That's a start."