Caught (Matt Engarde x Reader)

Your Pov:

I sat in Matt's dressing room, waiting for him to get done on set. I knew about what he did and I wasn't happy about it. I was upset and angry. I jumped a little when the door opened. Matt came in and grabbed a water bottle. He took a drink before speaking to me, "What's the matter, babe? You've been kinda quiet." I crossed my arms, "So you finally noticed. Took you long enough." I stood, "I saw you with her, Matt. I know what you did." He frowned, "Wait. What? Were you spying on me?!" I glared at him.

"You don't have the right to be angry at me, you son of a bitch!" I sighed, "You slept with her and continued to see her. You said you loved me!" He looked at me, "I was drunk when I slept with her. It was a one night stand but it became more. And I do love you!" I shook my head, "How can I trust you?! The worst part about this is that you cheated with someone I knew. You cheated on me with Adrian!" He tried to grab my hand, "I know and I'm sorry!"

I looked away, "Sorry that you cheated or sorry that you got caught?!" He was silent. I continued, "Take a fucking bow, Matt Engarde! That was quite a show!" I picked up my bag and grabbed his award from the table before throwing it at him, "Let's hear your speech for the best goddamn liar award, Matt!" He dodged it, "(Y/n), wait please!" I opened the door, "Good riddance, Matt Engarde."

I walked down the hall, trying to avoid the sympathetic glances from the staff. As I turned the corner, I saw Adrian. She ducked her head down and passed me silently. I went to the parking lot and headed to the parking lot. Just as I got to my car, I heard someone call me, "Wait a minute!" I turned. Matt had followed me outside.  He grabbed my hands, "What all the stuff we've been through together?!" I yanked my hands away from him, " 'All the stuff we've been through together' my ass! I'm done! If you really cared about all of that, you wouldn't have cheated!"

I got into my car and drove away. I drove to the house I shared with Matt and went inside. I grabbed a duffel bag and packed all of my stuff into it. I put that into my car and placed Shoe into his carrier before grabbing his toys, litter box, litter, food, etc. As I was walking out, I noticed the bear puzzle on the shelf. Matt had it for years. I grabbed a piece of paper and pen and began writing.

To The Only Man I Loved Before,

  If you are reading this, then I am gone. I thought you loved me, but I was just living in an illusion. I could say that it was a dream from the start, but then I'd live my life with a broken heart. You were a nightmare disguised as a daydream. I loved you, but you gave yourself to someone else.

You were my first everything. From my first date to my first kiss and everything after that. That was my first mistake. I gave everything I had to someone who changed their mind.

My second mistake was letting myself trust you. I put too much trust in you and let you lead me astray.

So, this is my goodbye to you. Please don't ever contact me. My love for you is forever gone.

             From:

                  The girl you hurt before

I opened the bear and took the other piece of paper out before putting my note in. I put the bear back together and left it where Matt would notice it. I took the first piece of paper and set it ablaze in the garbage can. I knew what it was. It was Celeste's faked suicide note. Adrian told me about it. Once it all turned to ashes, I put out the fire and got into my car.

I pulled out of the drive way and drove into the city. I managed to find a cheap hotel and stayed there for a couple of nights as I looked for an apartment. After 3 days, I found an apartment and moved in. Shoe adjusted rather quickly and always stayed close to me.

Matt never contacted me after that, so I assume he read the note. I did however, get several calls from the press asking about my break up with Matt. I always would hang up the phone and block the number.

It was just Shoe and I now. We were on our own. But I didn't care.

Matt's on his own and I can't want for the day when he comes crawling back.