Free Pt 5

A Few Hours Later With Iris...

Iris sat in (Y/n)'s room, preparing herself for King Phoenix's arrival. Then, there was a knock on the door. Iris sat straighter, "Come in." The door opened and in stepped Von Karma. He spoke, "The queen has sent me to escort you to meet the king." Iris nodded, "Oh. Thank you." She stood and left the room with Von Karma. As they arrived to the throne room, Iris noticed a man speaking with the queen, " I appreciate your understanding, Your Majesty." The queen smiled, "Likewise, King Phoenix. I apologize for my daughter's little delay in the wedding plans. But it's all sorted out now."

Von Karma spoke, "May I announce, Princess (Y/n)." Iris walked into the room and the queen smiled, "Oh hello, Darling. Come, come. I want to introduce you to King Phoenix. He has something he wants to tell you. Where are my spectacles?" King Phoenix turned to Iris, and bowed, kissing her hand, "I'm honored." Iris curtsyed, "Uhh... The honor's mine, King Phoenix." King Phoenix smiled, "Please, just call me Phoenix." Iris tried to smile, "Oh, call me Ir...I mean (Y/n). Princess (Y/n). That's my name."

The queen spoke up, "King Phoenix, would you do us the honor of playing the piano? I know you love music." Iris tilted her head, "You do?" Phoenix nodded, "I will, if the princess agrees to sing with me." Iris bit her lip, "Sing with you. Uh, no, no, I couldn't." Phoenix took a seat at the piano bench, "Something tells me you have a wonderful voice." The queen urged her, "Sing, darling." Phoenix began to play the first few notes of the song. Iris took a deep breath and began.

"Once a lass met a lad. "You're a gentle one" said she. In my heart I'd be glad if you loved me for me. You say your love is true and I hope that it will be..." Iris smiled at Phoenix, her nervousness fading away. Then, Phoenix joined in, "I'd be sure, if I knew that you loved me for me." Iris continued on, "Could I be the one you're seeking? Will I be the one you choose? Can you tell my heart is speaking? My eyes will give you clues..." Phoenix smiled, "What you see may be deceiving, truth lies underneath the skin..." Iris took a short breath, "Hope will blossom by believing-" Phoenix sang with her"The heart that lies within!"

Soon enough, the song came to an end. Iris returned to her room and sat down. Her dress slid down her shoulder a bit and she saw the bare skin. Then, she remembered. The royal birth mark. She found the princess's make up and managed to create an almost identical birthmark. Now, if anyone was suspicious, she and Edgeworth had more back up.

Where was Edgeworth anyways?