My First and Last (Manfred Von Karma x Reader)

Requested by MysteriousLostOne

Your Pov:

I sat by the on the sofa with a letter in my hands. My hands trembled as I fought back the urge to sob. The letter was from a friend of my husband's. It had explained how my husband was having an affair over in America. He had told me that he had left for a big trial. I know know that it was all a lie. Miles and Franziska were asleep in their room. Miles had just turned 19 and Franziska was a mere 12 years old. They were both my adoptive children in a way. Franziska was the daughter of Manfred's first wife. We took Miles in shortly after his father died. I loved them both like they were my own children.

I made sure they were both asleep before lighting the fireplace. Manfred was supposed to arrive back tonight, so I had to do this. I took the letter and placed it off to the side. I grabbed a box off the mantle and sighed. I opened the box and took out all of the letters inside. The urge to cry became stronger and stronger with each passing moment. Each letter was written during the times he had to leave the country for a case. They talked about how much he missed and loved me. Others were about how he couldn't wait to come home.

Then, I heard the front door open and close quietly. I sat in silence, waiting for him to come in. The heat from the fireplace felt heavy. Then, he stepped into the room. His file holder tucked under his arm and his cane in the other. He looked at me, "Why are still awake? It's late." I looked towards the fireplace, "How was your trip?" He sighed, "It was fine. The defense attorney was easily crushable." I frowned, "Nothing else?" He put his files on the table and approached me, "What's the matter with you?" I clenched my fists, "So you didn't have an affair with some random woman when you were in America?"

He frowned, "..." I grabbed the letter and pushed it into his chest, "From the moment I met you, I thought you were mine and you said you were mine, but I was wrong." He stayed silent. I moved away from him, "You told everyone how you brought that girl into your bed." I growled, "And god forbid someone say you're part of some scheme! I know about the whispers." He spoke, "Don't you dare bring that up." I shook my head, "And when the time comes, explain to those two children, the pain and embarrassment that you put me through." I picked up a newspaper, "In clearing your name, you've ruined our lives. I can't even go outside without people ridiculing me and the kids! They've thrown rocks too."

I threw the newspaper into the fireplace, "Miles has a bruise on his face from a rock that someone threw. He's tried to protect Franziska and I from them, but they just won't quit." He spoke up, "Would you've liked it better if I'd kept it a secret?" I sighed, "I'm erasing myself from the narrative, Manfred. You've thrown it all away and now you get to watch it burn. When will you learn that they are your legacy?! That we are your legacy?!" He frowned, "Are you leaving me? And them?" I tossed the rest of the letters into the fire, "No."

I turned and walked down the hallway. I opened the door to Miles' room. He was sleeping. I gently shook him awake, "Miles, darling, get up." He groaned and sat up, "What is it?" I sighed, "Pack your things, please. We'll be leaving in the morning." He nodded, "Alright, mother." I left his room and went to Franziska's. I woke her up, "Franziska, I need you to get up." She whined and sat up, "Mama?" I tried to smile, "I need you to pack your things darling. We'll be leaving early." She sleepily nodded and got out of bed. I went back to the main room where Manfred was still standing and put out the fireplace.

I went back to our, no, my bedroom, and got ready for bed. I slipped on a nightgown and got into bed. I laid there for a while before the door opened and shut. I looked over to see Manfred getting ready for bed. I turned back over and faced away from him. He got into bed shortly after, and then there was silence. As I laid there, I felt his arms wrap around my waist. I stayed still, not bothering to even move. He sighed and pulled me closer to him. I closed my eyes and felt his lips on my neck. I pushed him away, "Don't. Don't touch me." He spoke, "Before you completely shut me out, I want you to myself one last time." I sighed, "One last time..."

He placed kisses on my neck, stopping exactly on my soft spot. Quiet moans passed my lips. I sat up and he helped me remove my nightgown. He pressed his lips to mine. There was no tongue or teeth. Just lips on lips. We removed each other's undergarments, taking our time to admire each other's bodies in that last moment. He gently laid me down and pushed into me. I gave a low moan as he grunted. He thrusted slowly. In the darkness of the bedroom, we laid with each other. It had felt as if nothing was wrong, but I knew better. Soon enough, it was done. I redressed and turned away from him. I fell asleep, still bitter.

I woke up early and to my surprise, Manfred was still sleeping. I quietly packed up my things and placed my wedding bands on the table. I also left a quick note. It read:

Dear Manfred,

As you can see, we are no longer around. I cannot raise Miles and Franziska in a broken household. They deserve better. They don't deserve to be ridiculed in the streets because of your mistakes. I will raise them to the best of my ability and I ask that you do not contact us while the wound is still fresh. This is goodbye.

Sincerely, (Y/n).

I went to Miles and Franziska and woke them up. Miles awoke first. He grabbed my bags and his, "Let me, mother." He took them out to the car while I woke up Franziska. She got up and grabbed her bags. As we walked down the hallway, she spoke, "Mama, where's your ring?" I shook my head, "Don't worry about it sweetheart. Let's go." I climbed into the driver's seat and the kids got in the back. I started the car and drove away. Just as I did, the master bedroom's light turned on. I sighed sadly.

'I have so much to learn...'