Why Do I Stay Here? (Richard Wellington x Reader)

Your Pov:

I sat in the living room editing one of my videos. The door opened and my boyfriend Richard came in. He sat next to me on the sofa, "Hey babe how's it going? Give me a hug or
something." I sighed. He frowned, "What now? What do you want?" I bit my lip, "Today's our anniversary." He tilted his head, "It's our anniversary? How long?" I spoke, "One year..." He groaned, "A year? Wow, a year too long." I gasped. He shook his head, "No. I didn't say that. Stop making me out to be something I'm not. You make me out to seem like such a monster."

He continued, "Anywho...Yeah I didn't get you anything because why would I? You're not even that good of a girlfriend." I pulled the wrapped present out that I got him. He spoke, "Oh, you got me something? How sweet of you." He opened the box and looked inside, "You got me chocolates and a gift card. Thanks. Only $50 to Best Buy and that's real generous of you. Yeah like I said, I didn't get you anything because you honestly don't really deserve it or deserve me for that matter." I looked down sadly.

He continued talking, "I mean look at me! I'm rich, I'm tall, I'm handsome, my dad's a lawyer, and I'm valedictorian of the Lion's College Senior Class so you should just be lucky to be my girlfriend. I mean if we're really gonna take it there. How many times have I cheated on you and for you not to do anything about it?"

It happened more times than I could count. He shook his head, "Pathetic. You know what? I might be a little too harsh but I guess I'm glad that you are my girlfriend. Just remember how lucky you are to have me in your life. I mean I have a line of girls waiting for me after I'm done with you. And how many guys want to date you?" I spoke, "None..." He chuckled, "Yeah that's what I thought. So what else do you have planned?" I bit my lip, "I'm going to edit some more videos."

He sighed, "Today you're gonna edit your (Favorite Yt subject) videos. That's so weird. Honestly I should probably just break up with you now. Happy anniversary! That's my gift to you." I felt my eyes sting from my tears. He rolled his eyes, "Just stop. You know I'm just kidding." He leaned towards me, "Give me a kiss babe." I leaned away and he chuckled, "Don't act like you don't want to kiss me. Your lips are really soft though so I might keep you around. You want to be a (Favorite YT Subject) artist please that is so weird. I mean I was on YouTube the other day and I stumbled across this one (favorite YT Subject) artist. I forgot his name. It was weird. You make these videos and now you're gonna be just as weird as them. I can't relate any."

He checked his watch, "Oh sweetheart I have practice in 30 minutes and I know you're gonna be watching me because you literally have nothing else to do with your day besides to revolve it around me. That is so sad." I looked at him expectantly, "I'm not gonna say it...happy anniversary. There. Yeah, coach wants me there in 30 minutes. If I'm late, I might lose my scholarship to Yale, so if you don't mind me I'll be leaving now."

Be continued as he walked towards the door, "I'll see you at my practice since from the looks of it you have nothing else to do tonight and we should catch dinner tonight. I was thinking Italian. I know Italian hurts your stomach but I want it so I'm gonna get it." With that, he left me alone. I buried my face in my hands and started to cry.

He treats me like crap, yet I decide to stay and suffer more.

Why?