Family Approval (Wocky x Dancer! Reader)

Author's Note: The reader works for a studio as a dancer. They set up a dance venue at people park where they pay the reader to dance to the songs they choose. Just wanted to make that clear to everyone.

Your Pov:

The studio had just sent me the song list for the performance tomorrow. I was supposed to meet Wocki's parents tomorrow, but I'll just have to tell him I can't. I go to my emails and take a look at the list.

Song List:

1. Super Bass
2. My Boyfriend's Back
3. 1, 2 Step
4. Crazy In Love

I sighed after seeing the song choices. I was fine with some of them, but I didn't agree with the others. I went to my texts and pulled up Wocky.

You
Wocky

Text Conversation:

(Y/n): I can't meet your parents.

Wocky: Somethin' come up?

(Y/n): Yeah. Work.

Wocky: I can just bring em to the park with me babe.

(Y/n): I don't think your parents would approve their son's girlfriend poppin it up on stage!

Wocky: You know I don't care for any of that approval crud. If my pops don't like you, he can screw off!

(Y/n): Wocky! Don't say that! He's your father!

Wocky: Father or no, he can't stop me from seein' you!

(Y/n): Fine. Bring them or whatever you want to do...
-----------------------------------------------------------
I hopped into the shower before heading off to bed.

The next morning, I woke up at 10:30 and got ready to go to people park. I grabbed my costumes and changed into the one for Super Bass. It was a pair of pink spandex shorts and a grey top. I put on some light make up and headed to the park. Once there, I hurried to the small back stage area and texted Wocky to ask him where he was. He told me he was out in the front sitting with his parents.

Soon enough, I went to the stage. The music started and the curtain opened. Wocky was sitting right in the front row. I started off the dance and everyone cheered when I did a lot of popping and tricks. The song finished and I hurried backstage to change. I changed into my next costume and hurried to the wings of the stage. My Boyfriend's Back was the next song.

The music started and I jazz walked out. I got really into that song and I thought I heard Wocky a few times. I did a lot of hip swaying and popping. Then, the song ended. I hurried off the stage and repeated what I had to do for the other two songs.

Once I changed back into my regular clothes, I went out to find Wocky. After 10 minutes of searching, I found him at the cherry blossom tree. He was talking with his parents. I took a deep breath and walked over. They finished talking just as I got to them. I placed a hand on Wocky's shoulder, "Wocky? Are these your parents?" He turned to me and smiled, slinging an arm over my shoulder, "Yep. That's them." I turned to them and smiled, "It's nice to finally meet you, Mr and Mrs. Kitaki. My name is (Y/n) (L/n)."

Mr. Kitaki turned to Wocky, "This her Wocky?" Wocky nodded, "Yep. She's mine." Mr. Kitaki turned back to me, "My name is Winfred 'Big Wins' Kitaki. This is my wife-" He was cut off by the woman, "Plum Kitaki. Friends call me Little Plum." Mr. Kitaki continued, "Wocky told you about the old gang business hasn't he?" I nodded, "Yes. He has. I'm prepared." He nodded and turned back to Wocky, "Good choice son. Don't let her go."

They turned and walked off into the crowd. Wocky slung an arm over my shoulder, "See? Everything went fine." I nodded, "I guess so." We left the park and went around doing random things. After that, Wocky walked me home. He left and I changed into PJ's. I was putting my phone on the charge when it rang. It was Wocky.

I answered it, "Hello?" I heard people talking. It sounded like Wocky and his parents. I listened in. Wocky spoke, "What's so wrong with that?!" Mr. Kitaki spoke next, "Son, we approve of her, just not her job. At least Alita was a nurse." I heard Wocky growl, "I don't care what you approve of old man. I love her!" I hung up the phone.

I was saddened at the fact that they were fighting about me, but I was also ecstatic about Wocky saying he loved me. I laid down and closed my eyes.

Don't worry about what your parents say Wocky...I love you too...