You Catch Him Singing

Phoenix:

I sat in the office, refiling the cabinets and dusting the desks. Phoenix had went to the second room of the office to reorder the law books on criminology, forensics, etc. I rearranged a few more things and cleaned the window before going to find Phoenix. I entered the main room, only to find it empty.

I noticed that the door to the next part of the office was cracked open. As I approached the door, I heard Phoenix saying something. No, he was singing. "I don't really know how to tell ya without feelin' much worse, I know you're in a better place but it's always gonna hurt..." I put my hand on the door and paused. I thought of Mia. I met Phoenix through her. What did he not know how to tell her?

I listened in more, hearing Phoenix's smooth voice emanate from the room, "It's been a long day without you my friend, And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again..." I knew that he still missed Mia so much, but I didn't know what I could do to ease the ache. He continued singing, "We've come a long way from where we began, Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again, when I see you again..."

I knocked on the door, "Phoenix, can I come in?" I heard something shuffling, "Yeah, come in." I entered the room to find Phoenix sitting at the table with an old photo album. I walked up behind him, "Are you alright?" He tensed for a moment, "I'm fine." I looked over his shoulder and saw pictures of Mia, Maya, and I from years ago...

I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I know that it is different without her, but it will be ok." I gently closed the photo album, "Don't focus on the past. Focus on the present, on all of the positive experiences and emotions you've been through." He turned to face me, "Thanks for that, (Y/n). I really needed it." I nodded.

"By the way...nice singing." His eyes widened and he blushed, "What?! You heard me?!"

Edgeworth:

I was heading up to Edgeworth's office to bring him lunch from his favorite restaurant. We had only seen each other 4 days ago, so I wanted to surprise him. The elevator dinged and I stepped out. I walked down the hall and stopped in front of the door. As I raised my hand to knock, I heard Edgeworth's voice. I thought he might be talking to someone, so I went quiet.

Then, I heard his voice change and I realized he was singing. I pressed my ear against the door to hear him better, "I set out on a narrow way many years ago, hoping I would find true love along the broken road." I gasped quietly at hearing how beautiful his voice was, "But I got lost a time or two. Wiped my brow and kept pushing through. I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you..." I smiled and stood straight.

I knocked on the door and the singing stopped, "Yes? Who is it?" I cleared my throat, "It's (Y/n). Can I come in?" I heard the scraping of a chair across the ground, "Yes. Come in." I opened the door and stepped inside. Edgeworth sat at his desk with a stack of papers next to him. His face was flushed slightly red.

I sat the bag down on the desk, "I brought you lunch. It's Alden Tae's." He pushed some papers aside, "Thank you. It's about time for my break anyways." I passed him his box and grabbed my own before we started eating. I poked the pasta with my fork as I spoke, "You have a lovely voice." He dropped the fork on the table and began to cough, "W-What?!" I laughed, "No need to be embarrassed." He frowned, "I am not embarrassed!" "Sure you're not."

Apollo:

I sat on the couch in Apollo's apartment, scrolling through my phone. Apollo was currently in the shower, so I was waiting for him to get done. I was looking some videos I took of Apollo and I doing stupid stuff to Hamilton music. One video had a drunk Apollo singing 'The Story of Tonight Reprise'. Another showed me trying to rap 'Guns and Ships' while butchering it horribly.

I paused the video when I heard Apollo's voice. I thought he might've forgotten his towel or something so I headed towards the bathroom. As I got closer, I heard music and someone singing. I stood in front of the door silently and waited. Then, a few notes from the next song played. I recognized that the song was 'Wait for It'. Suddenly, Apollo started singing.

"Theodosia writes me a letter every day. I'm keeping the bed warm while her husband is away. He's on the British side in Georgia. He's trying to keep the colonies in line. Well he can keep all of Georgia. 'Cause Theodosia, she's mine." I blushed slightly and continued to listen, "Love don't discriminate between the sinners and the saints. It takes and it takes and it takes. And we keep lovin' anyway. We laugh and we cry and we break
And we make our mistakes. And if there's a reason I'm by her side when so many have tried...I'm willing to wait for it. Then, I'm willing to wait for it."

I walked back to the couch and grabbed my phone before hitting the record button. I stood by the bathroom door, recording every minute of his singing. I was trying my hardest not to laugh but he was making it harder because his voice kept cracking in some parts. I heard the shower stop and rushed back to the couch. I saved the video and waited for Apollo.

After five minutes, he walked into the room. I was trying so hard not to laugh but I couldn't get his singing out of my head. He looked at me, "What's that look about?" Before I could answer, I accidentally pressed play on the video I had recorded. I burst out laughing as Apollo's voice came from my phone. After the video ended, I calmed down and looked at him. He looked very unimpressed.

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Sometimes, I don't know if I'm dating a five year old or a 20 year old." I smiled, "But you love me."

Klavier:

I sat in Klavier's dressing room, waiting for one of his bandmates to come and get me. They snuck me in as a surprise because Klavier was stressing out big time. The door opened and Daryan entered, "Come on. He's practicing a song you'll probably want to hear." I followed him to the back stage area. We snuck in silently and stood in the darkness of the wings. Klavier stood in the middle of the stage with his guitar.

He had an earpiece microphone instead of the regular stand. The background music began and he started to play his guitar. Then, he started to sing, "Simmer down, simmer down. They say we're too young now to amount to anything else. But look around. We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now. If you don't swim, you'll drown But don't move, honey..." I put a hand over my mouth, I had never heard him sing before, but his voice was amazing.

"You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear. And I know now, that I'm so down. Your lipstick stain is a work of art. I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart. And I know now, that I'm so down..." I blushed a deep red. The blush didn't go away until he finished the song. Daryan walked out of the wing clapping, "That was a good run." Klavier looked frustrated, "I'm taking a break." Before he could move, Daryan gestured for me to come out.

I came out of hiding, "Klavier, your band mates have been telling me that you're stressing out." Klavier approached me, "I was just worried about you being alone schatzi. Since it is the first tour you've been around for." I hugged him, breathing in the scent of his cologne mixed with vanilla, "I will be fine. I want you to have fun. I'm flying back home tomorrow, but I'll be here for the show tonight." He nodded and smiled, "I'll see you tonight, then."

As I walked away, I called over my shoulder, "Nice song choice by the way!" I heard him chuckle, "It's all for you schatzi!" I blushed and left.

Author's Note: If you guys have any suggestions for future scenarios or one shots, please let me know! I am open to anything and everything! No idea will be left behind! If you feel like the songs should be different, give me some song suggestions that you think would suit this chapter. Thank You!