In Sickness And In Health (Miles Edgeworth x Reader)

Requested by Offical-Lucy

Your Pov:

I walked down the aisle, taking in every detail. Today was the biggest day of my life. It was my wedding day. I was getting married to the love of my life: Miles Edgeworth. I looked at the bridesmaids and groomsmen. Franziska was my maid of honor with Maya and Pearls as my bridesmaids. Phoenix was Miles' best man with Larry and Gumshoe as his groomsmen. I set my gaze on Miles. He looked absolutely handsome. I reached the end of the aisle and we looked at each other as the minister began. Soon enough, it came time for the vows. Miles went first.

"(Y/n), you have shown me what true happiness feels like. You have shown me that the world doesn't have to be so cruel. For that, I will be forever grateful. And most of all, you taught me how to love. As your husband, I will do for you, all that you've done for me. I will cherish you and all of the memories that we will create together. I love you." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes as I smiled and spoke, "Miles, I would give anything in the world just to make you happy. You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. As your wife, I will do whatever it takes to keep you happy. I love you and will continue to love you even after I've breathed my last breath." Everyone was sniffling.

The minister continued, "You may now kiss the bride!" I smiled and leaned up to kiss him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his lips met mine. Everyone cheered and we turned to face everyone. We left the church and headed to the reception. Once we got inside, everyone congratulated us. Larry headed up to the DJ booth and turned on the mic. He was our DJ, but we had hoped that nothing would go wrong. Larry spoke, "Alright, Alright! That's what I'm talking about! Now, can the bride and groom make their way to the dance floor for their first dance?" I handed Franziska my bouquet and dragged Miles to the dance floor. Then, Larry started up the music.

(Play music above!)

When your legs don't work like they used to before...And I can't sweep you off of your feet, will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

We swayed back and forth to the music, just cherishing the moment. I looked at him, but there wasn't a smile. He had emotion in his eyes, but his face was blank. We continued to dance as everyone else watched.

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70! And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23! And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways! Maybe just the touch of a hand! Oh me I fall in love with you every single day! And I just wanna tell you I am.

Miles started to spin me around and I giggled. I looked up at him and my eyes widened. He was smiling! Not a smug grin. An actual, genuine smile! Everyone started catching on. And then, stone cold Franziska started to smile too.

So honey now, take me into your loving arms! Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars! Place your head on my beating heart! I'm thinking out loud! Maybe we found love right where we are!

I rested my head on his chest as we danced. I felt at peace and I could tell that he felt the same. I sighed happily.

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades! And the crowds don't remember my name! When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm! I know you will still love me the same!

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen! Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory!

I knew that for as long as I lived, I would never stop loving him. Even when we both grow old and retire for the law business. I'll still love him. I lifted my head to see Phoenix trying to get Franziska to dance while Larry tried to get Maya to dance. Gumshoe held Pearls in his arms as they laughed about something. Everything about this moment is perfect.

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways! Maybe it's all part of a plan! I'll just keep on making the same mistakes, hoping that you'll understand!

But baby now! Take me into your loving arms! Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars! Place your head on my beating heart! I'm thinking out loud! That maybe we found love right where we are, oh!

So baby now! Take me into your loving arms! Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars! Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart! I'm thinking out loud! That maybe we found love right where we are.

Oh maybe we found love right where we are. And we found love right where we are...

The song came to an end and everyone clapped for us. I looked up at Miles and he was still smiling. Larry switched the song over to some random pop song. Franziska came over to us, still smiling as well, "Congratulations, you two. You make a beautiful couple." She looked at Miles, "Hurt her and I'll hurt you Miles Edgeworth. I'll mount your head on my wall." I laughed, "I'll keep him in line Franziska, don't worry about it." I let the two of them talk while I sat at a nearby table. Everyone was smiling and having a good time.

Miles was talking with Larry, Phoenix, and Gumshoe. Larry patted him on the back while Gumshoe and Larry laughed. He turned towards me and smiled that soft smile.

I smiled back. I love you Miles Edgeworth and I'll continue to love you until I'm 70.