Not Funny (Bat x Silk Dancer! Reader)

A/N: This is going to take place during the Berry Big Circus lion accident. However, it is going to be as if Bat was not put into a coma, but still injured. The reader and Bat are dating, but the reader knows that Bat is slowly falling for Regina just like the others.

Your Pov:

I sat in the main tent doing some stretches. Everyone was practicing except for Bat and Regina. I rolled my eyes. Bat was my boyfriend, yet it was clear that he liked Regina. I finished my stretches and had Acro help me set up my silks. After that, everyone performed in the order of their acts. Acro and Bat went first, who was followed by Regina, and then Moe. Finally, it was my turn. I stopped in front of the silks and I looked to Moe to turn on the music.

After I finished, I looked towards Bat. He was looking at me. I looked away. I chose that song because it made me think if him. I was giving my all to him, but he wasn't giving his all to me. Soon enough, Regina brought Leon back out. We were all doing our own things when I heard Bat call out to Regina, "Let me perform with Leon!" Regina smiled and nodded. Her hands were behind her back. It was then that I noticed the bottle of pepper in her hands. I watched in concern as Bat bent down and stuck his head in Leon's open mouth.

I could see Acro looking concerned as well. I walked closer to them. Then, I noticed Leon's face. He looked like he was going to sneeze! I grabbed Bat's arm and pulled him away just as Leon closed his mouth. Bat had a gash on his cheek. From behind us, I heard a thud. Acro was lying on the ground. His leg was at an unnatural angle. I called out to Moe, "Call an ambulance! Acro's broke his leg!" Moe did as he was told and called the ambulance. While we waited, Regina tried to comfort Acro as I tried to clean the gash on Bat's face. I sighed.

"You're such an idiot! You could've been seriously hurt!" He frowned and winced, "I know. I know. I just wanted to impress you." I hesitated, "Impress me? I thought...Regina..." He shook his head, "I was hanging out with Regina because I wanted to know how to impress you." I looked at him, "You don't need to do anything like that to impress me. I like you for you." I pressed the cloth to his gash, "This is going to need stitches, you know."

Soon enough, the ambulance came and took Acro to the nearby hospital. The doctor told us that his leg was broken and that he'd have to stay in a wheelchair for a while. While we were there, they also stitched up the gash on Bat's face. We carted Acro back and helped him up to his room. Then, we headed back to the tent and explained the situation. I turned to Regina, "And you. Putting pepper on Bat's scarf was not funny in the slightest! He could've been seriously injured if I hadn't pulled him away!"

Regina nodded with teary eyes, "I know! I'm sorry..." I sighed, "Just don't do anything like that again, ok?" She nodded and left the tent. I turned to Bat, "Now, you need to rest up. We have a show in a week and I'm replacing Acro as your partner." He smiled, "A beautiful girl as my partner, how lucky." I smiled and rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Now, let's go take a well deserved rest."