A Bit Of A Stalker (Meekins x Reader)

Requested by Jonesayl000

Your Pov:

I sat in the guard station, watching the cameras in the evidence room. Jake sat next to me, chowing down on one of Angel's lunches. The door opened and Officer Meekins stepped in, "An order from Mr. Edgeworth, sir and miss!" I spoke, "Well, what is it?" He stuttered, "O-Officer Marshall is needed on patrol duty, miss!" I nodded, "Anything else?" He nodded, "M-Mr. Edgeworth also requests you stay and patrol the evidence room!"

I sighed, "Ok. Thank you." He then turned and left. Jake chuckled, "I don't know how you don't see it, bambina." I tilted my head, "See what?" He shook his head, "I'll let you figure that out on your own." With that, he stood up and left to start his patrol. I sat there, thinking about what he could've meant. I shrugged it off and got back to work. About an hour later, Angel stopped by, "Hello, (Y/n). I brought your favorite." She handed me a lunch. I smiled, "Thanks Angel. Did you see Jake on patrol?" She nodded, "I did. I also saw that other patrolman who-" She paused for a moment.

"Well, I shouldn't just coughing up his secrets now, should I? Enjoy your lunch." Angel turned and left. I ate my lunch in silence, thinking about what she was going to say. First Jake, and now Angel. Who else is going to poke fun at this situation? I finished up my food and got back to work. I had no one to talk to, so sitting around here was getting boring. Half an hour later, the door opened and Chief Gant stepped in, "Good afternoon, isn't it
(Y/n)?" I nodded, "Of course, chief. Detective Gumshoe left the evidence you're picking up in his locker. I'll disable the fingerprint sensor sir."

I walked over to the locker control panel and disabled the lock on Gumshoe's locker. Chief Gant spoke, "Thank you, (Y/n). By the way, I heard that Officer Meekins will be joining you later today. Said he misses you. Ah, young love." He turned and walked into the evidence room. I sat there looking like a blushing mess. After he left, I re-enabled the lock and sat back down. My face was still red. I don't know why the chief would assume that Meekins and I were together. It made no sense.

I didn't really know him all that well and he wasn't someone I could see myself dating. He was a big pushover and kind of sensitive. I don't mean that in a bad way, but you know. The door opened and Meekins came in. He sat in Jake's empty chair and we greeted each other before the silence resumed. I was looking at the security feed but I could feel him staring holes into my head. I turned and looked at him, "What is it, Meekins?" Suddenly, he blushed, "Y-You're just really pretty, m-miss." I bit my lip, "Oh. Thanks, I guess?" He spoke very fast, "I'msorryifImadeyouuncomfortable!IreallylikeyouandI'vekindofbeen
followingyouaround!"

I tilted my head, "Say that again, please? Slowly." He repeated himself, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable!I really like you and I've kind of been following you around!" I hesitated for a moment, "...You've been stalking me?! One: ew! And two: why didn't you just tell me you liked me?" He looked down, "I'm sorry. But I really do like you." I sighed and kissed his cheek, "Ok. I'll try to make this work, but it doesn't mean I want you all over me." He nodded, "Thank you, (Y/n)!" I sighed, "Ok, ok. Now, let's get back to work."