Nice Try (Phoenix x Nurse! Reader)

A/N: The reader and Phoenix are already together in this one. The reader works at the Grey Surgical clinic but Dr. Grey is not alive anymore. The Mimi Miney case has passed. Thank you!

Requested by Bsuccubi

No One's Pov:

The guards called out daily attendance for the prisoners, "Armando?" A voice responded, "Still here." The guard called another, "White?" Yet another responded, "Present." The guard checked off the name and called another, "El Tigre?" There was no response. The guard called again and still got no response. The cell was checked. No trace of the convict was found. The guard radioed in, "We've got a 1220. Escaped. I repeat, escaped."

Meanwhile, at Grey Surgical Clinic

Your Pov:

I sat at the desk filing out some patient reports. We didn't have a lot of patients come in, so business was running slow. One of the other nurses stopped in front of me, "Hey, (Y/n). Your husband's here to see you for lunch." I smiled at her, "Alright, thank you." I put away the report and headed to the front of the hospital. Once I got there, I noticed Phoenix looking out the window. His back was to me, but I could tell it was him by the spikey hair. However, he was wearing red instead of his usual blue.

I shrugged it off, thinking he decided to have a fashion change. I approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder, "Phoenix, what do you have planned for lunch today?" He turned around and I could immediately tell that this wasn't my husband. The man spoke in a way that sounded like Phoenix, "I was thinking Italian, or maybe...we could just have some time to ourselves?" I went to answer when my phone buzzed. I spoke, "That might be important. Hang on." I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and looked at it. I had a text from Phoenix that said 'I'll be coming with lunch soon. I got it from your favorite place.' I texted him back saying, 'There's a man here trying to pass as you. I'm uncomfortable.'

I put my phone away and looked at the man, "Just a patient request. Anyways, how's the office?" He scratched the back of his head, "It's uh, fine. Y'know." Some nurses walked passed talking about how cute we were. I blushed out of embarrassment. I don't know how these other nurses could mistake this man as my husband! After about half an hour of sitting through horrible pick up lines, jokes, and innuendos, I was getting a headache. Then, this man took it too far for my liking.

I turned to put my pager on the front desk when he decided it would be a good idea to smack my rear end. I gasped in shock and turned around, slapping him hard in the face. He glared at me, "You're a tough one aren't you? I'm starting to lose my temper here!"  Just then, the hospital's doors opened and Phoenix came in with two officers behind him. The other man tried to make a run for it, but the officers caught him and took him away. Phoenix held my hands, "Are you alright?! Did he hurt you??"

I shook my head, "I'm fine, Phoenix. He didn't hurt me." He hugged me, "Good. I got really worried when you texted me like that." I smiled at him and giggled, "Well, I'm fine. Now, where's my lunch? I'm starving!"