Lyrical Comedy (Edgeworth x Reader) Pt.2

Your Pov:

I sat in my room, setting up my camera and audio equipment. Edgeworth was at the office today, and I was going to do a lyric prank on him. I grabbed my laptop and pulled up the lyrics to 'Say Goodbye' by Chris Brown. I grabbed my phone and turned on the camera. I waved, "Hello, everyone! Today, we are doing another lyric prank. This time, I'll be doing it to my boyfriend. Miles is in the office, so he isn't home now." I laughed a bit, "I acted a bit distant to make the prank seem more realistic, so let's see how it goes."

I opened my texts and went to Edgeworth's contact. I looked at my laptop and typed out the first lyrics.

You
Edgeworth

We gotta talk...

He texted me back almost immediately. I looked towards the camera, "Well, that was fast. Let's see."

What?

I scrolled to the next lyrics and typed out my next text.

Just some things I gotta get off my chest...

His response came about 2 minutes later. It was a bit longer than the last one.

What things?

I smiled at his concern and attentiveness. I edited the lyrics and added them to the next text.

I got a lot to say so I guess I'll start by
saying that I love you. But you know, this thing ain't been no walk in the park for us.

I felt a little bad about pulling a prank like this on him, but it wouldn't cause any deep harm. My phone dinged 3 minutes later. I checked the text.

I love you too. I know with my job, it takes a lot of time from us, but I've been trying to see you more.

Now, I felt bad. I typed out the next text with a sad look on my face.

I don't wanna see you cry. But I don't wanna be the one to tell you a lie so, how do you let it go when you just don't know what's on the other side of the door when you're walking out?

I waited nervously for his next response. He responded 5 minutes later and I read the message out loud.

I could never be upset with you. But, tell me a lie? What are you talking about? And let go? What does that even mean?

Now we were getting somewhere in this prank. I was feeling less and less bad. I typed out the next edited lyrics and sent them.

I'm gonna do the best I can to get you to understand 'cause I know there's never a right time to say goodbye.

I waited, talking about random things to the camera. I was in the middle of telling a funny story when I got the next text message. I read it.

Are you leaving me? Hang on. I'm going to call you.

Just then, my phone rang. I declined the call, making a weird face unknowingly. He texted me again.

Why did you decline my call? I need you to talk to me. Please.

I felt horrible. His text sounded so sad.  I persevered and sent one last text.

I never meant to crush your world and I never thought I would see the day we grew apart. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, we just can't go on.

My phone rang again and I declined the call. I waited for a text, but never got one. I left the camera running, knowing that I'd have a lot of editing to do later. Eventually, Edgeworth came back from work. His face was dark and his eyes were puffy as if he'd been crying. I spoke, "A-Are you alright?" He snapped around, "You didn't leave?" He stood in front of me now, "I thought you were going to leave? All of those texts suggested it."

I shook my head, "It was a prank. All of it." I looked away, "I hope you aren't too mad." He looked at me, "I'll get my revenge sooner or later." I laughed nervously, "O-Ok. I have editing to do. I'll be done soon." I rushed back to my room and turned off the camera.

Prank: Success