Heartbreak (Jake Marshall x Reader)

Requested by Jonesayl000

Your Pov:

I laid in bed trying to find the strength to get up. I had recently broken up with my boyfriend, Jake, and now I feel like crap. I sat up, feeling new tears run down my face.

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house. That don't bother me. I can take a few tears now and then and just let 'em out.

I wiped them away and stood up. My legs felt like jelly and my hands were trembling. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I looked bad. My hair was disheveled, I had tearstains on my face, and my eyes were puffy. I sighed and walked over to the closet to get dressed for work.

Even though goin' on with you gone still upsets me! There are days every now and again I pretend I'm okay. But that's not what gets me!

The first thing I spotted in the closet was one of Jake's ponchos. I held back the tears and pushed it out of my sight. I grabbed my clothes and got dressed. I put some make up on and got ready to leave.

What hurts the most was being so close! And havin' so much to say! And watchin' you walk away!

That day, there were so many things I wanted to say to him, but I couldn't find the words. Watching him walk away, leaving me on that cold, rainy corner, broke my heart into a billion pieces. He didn't want me anymore...

And never knowin' what could've been! And not seein' that lovin' you...Is what I was trying to do.

I pushed my emotions down and left for work. I knew I would see him there, but now, there was no us anymore. I tried to love him, but he left me without a reason.

It's hard to deal with the pain of losin' you everywhere I go, but I'm doing it!
It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone...

When I got inside the precinct, I noticed Gumshoe and Angel talking. I put on a smile and approached them, "Hey, guys." Angel smiled, "Oh, hello (Y/n). Care for a lunch today?" I nodded, "Yeah. I, uh, forgot mine at home today." Gumshoe laughed, "You're always forgetting pal. I thought officer Marshall did a good job at reminding you?" I inwardly winced, "I-I know." Angel tilted her head, "Did something happen with you and Jake?" I shook my head, "N-No, but I gotta go. Thanks for the lunch!" I rushed off to the guard station. Luckily, Jake wasn't in.

I took a seat behind the desk and looked over the records so far. There was nothing strange there, so I decided to check the security camera. It panned to the left and I noticed Jake at his locker. The locker was open and he was looking for something. The camera panned back to the right and I impatiently waited for it to pan back. Once it did, I noticed he was holding a familiar picture. He held his hat in front of his chest at he looked at the photo. It was the one we took on our first anniversary. We went to one of those old west costume places. I was a saloon girl and Jake stayed in his already western attire.

What hurts the most was being so close! And havin' so much to say! And watchin' you walk away! And never knowin' what could've been! And not seein' that lovin' you, is what I was trying to do, oh...

He put the picture away and closed the locker. I moved away from the security screen and grabbed my phone. Jake came out of the evidence room and sat in the other chair, facing away from me. Then, one of my friends texted me, 'Are we still up for that date tomorrow? Lol' My friends and I joked like this a lot as we were all close enough. I decided this was a golden opportunity. I decided to call up (F/n). If Jake has a reaction, then I'll try to talk to him. It rang for a bit before (F/n) answered, "Hello?"

I smiled, "Hey. I just got your text. We are still up for that date tomorrow. I wouldn't miss it for the world." Jake's head snapped around as soon as the word 'date' came out of my mouth.
(F/n) spoke, "Ok! I'll see you then." I hung up the phone and acted like nothing happened. Jake spoke up, "You've already moved on, bambina?" I bit my lip, "Y-Yeah." He sighed, "Looks like I've lost my chance." I looked at him, "Y-Your chance?" He looked at me, "I missed you like crazy, bambina. But I guess you don't feel the same?" I sighed, "I...I...why? Why did you leave me that day?"

He looked down, "I did it because you deserve better than some lowlife cowboy. I can't give you the things that I wish I could." I shook my head, "If anything, I don't deserve you. You always gave me more than enough." He looked at me, "Darlin, I still love you. I never stopped." I bit my lip, tears welling up in my eyes, "I never stopped either. I've missed you so much." He hugged me, "It's alright. But, do you want me back? After how much I hurt you?" I nodded, "Yes."

He smiled and kissed me.

What hurts the most was being so close! And havin' so much to say! And watchin' you walk away! And never knowin' what could've been! And not seein' that lovin' you, is what I was trying to do...

That's what I was trying to do, ooh...