Bad Blood (Edgeworth x Reader)

A/N: This is another werewolf shifter AU, but this is separate from the 'My Mate' one shots. This is a new storyline entirely. The Reader and Edgeworth are mates in this.

Your Pov:

Everyone assembled in the pack house. The air was heavy and tense. Miles and I stood in front of them all, ready to explain the situation. Miles spoke, "Everyone, the Von Karma pack has decided to declare war on us. Every adult male will be required to fight. Women and children will stay behind. I advise you to say your goodbyes now as we must leave tomorrow." Everyone was shocked and they began to talk amongst each other. I spoke, "To those of you who will fight, we expect you to fight like your leaders. Sacrifices must be made, but they will not be in vain."

After that, Miles took the men outside to train. The women and children looked to me. I sighed, "I know that you are worried for your loved ones, but they are fighting to defend you and your home. They'll bleed and fight for you. They'll make it right for you. Now, please get ready to say your goodbyes." After that, they all turned and left the pack house. An hour later, Miles came back in. I sighed as I looked out the window. Miles came up behind me, "I know it pains you to see them like this, but we must fight."

Outside, I could see Iris and Phoenix hugging. Klavier and Ema spoke to each other, their faces held looks of sadness. Apollo and Trucy (as siblings, not mates!) stood under a nearby tree. Apollo took off his bracelet and held it out to her, but she shook her head and pushed his hand back. I turned to Miles, "Do we really have to fight?" He nodded, "There is no other way." I bit my lip, "I'm ready to fight for our pack. I won't go down without a fight." He looked at me.

"I can't let you fight, (Y/n). You have to stay here." I looked at him in shock, "Why? This is my pack as much as it is yours." He looked around before speaking, "The Von Karma pack has made a threat against you. I fear that they may do something to you to hurt me if I let you fight. I can't risk it." I sighed, "Fine. I'll stay, but please, be careful. I'll miss you." He kissed my forehead, "I will. I'll miss you too." Then, he left to prepare and train. The rest of the day was sad and gloomy. I couldn't sleep that night.

No one could.

The next day, everyone stood outside of the pack house. Miles spoke, "We must go now. (Y/n), please take the rest of the pack to the secret room in the pack house. The key is already inside." I nodded and spoke to the men fighting, "Go to the enemy and show no mercy. You know what you are fighting for. Let those things empower you to win!" After that, I led the women and children into the pack house and down into the secret room. Once everyone else was in, I followed, pulling the rug over the trap doors as I closed them. I took the key and locked them before turning to everyone, "Please settle in. It will be a while before we will be able to leave."

I sat down against the back wall and watched everyone. Maya was trying to keep Pearls and Cody busy, Mia and Iris were talking, and Ema was pacing. I called her, "Ema, come sit down. You're making me uneasy." She sat next to me, "Sorry. It's just...you know." I nodded, "Yes. I know. I already miss hi-!" I grabbed an empty bucket that was sitting in the corner and emptied my stomach's contents into it. Ema looked at me, "Are you alright?" I bit my lip, "I think so. I'm probably just over anxious."

She tilted her head, "Maybe, but could you be...pregnant?" I thought about it and it all clicked. Miles and I were intimate about a month ago. I looked at her, "I...I think I am. This is bad, Ema. Miles isn't here. And he might possibly not come back." She shook her head, "No. Don't think like that. He will come back." I sighed and got everyone's attention, "It has come to my attention through the observations of my medical advisor, Ema Skye, that I may possibly be pregnant." The room erupted into cheers and I continued.

"However, the enemy has made a threat against me so I request that no one speaks, no one breathes a word about this outside of this room." They all nodded. I looked at them, "Good. Now, keep your guards up as the enemy may come here to find captives to take. That is all." Soon enough, everyone began to fall asleep. My eyelids felt heavy and then, I fell asleep. I awoke sometime later to hushed whispers. Everyone had pushed themselves towards me and the back of the room. Then, from above I heard it.

Thud...
Thud...

Someone was here. I stood and turned of the lights quickly. Then, multiple thuds came from above. A lot of people were here. Everyone moved silently, putting me in the middle of the tight circle they made. There was silence, then a voice from above, "There's no one here! Youse guys are idiots! Rawrrrr!" Then another, but it was a monotone woman's voice, "Let's look somewhere else then." Then, a third voice spoke, "Wait. Look, that rug's a little scrunched up."

The sound of the rug being moved was heard. Then, the locked trap doors rattled. I whispered to everyone, "Follow me! Hurry!" I lead them to another secret room. This one held a trap door that opened to the outside. I unlocked it and peked my head out. No one was around. I could hear the other trap doors being pounded on as if they were trying to break it down. I ushered everyone out, as I whispered, "Go! Go! Go!"

Ema was the last out. She grabbed my wrist, "Lets go!" I locked the doors back just as the other trap doors burst open. We all ran towards the tree line. Once in the forest, I lead them to the second safe house. It looked like they had already been there from the broken down door and things scattered across the ground. I ushered everyone inside and down into the basement that still had a functioning door that locked. I locked the door and turned off the light. Then I realized. Our footprints. I quickly ran back out despite everyone's protest.

I grabbed a large stick rubbed it over the ground, getting rid of the prints. I then dragged the stick past the shack and to the borderline where I left it. I quickly got back to the shack and hid back in the basement with everyone. After what felt like forever, I heard footsteps outside. Then, the woman's voice, "They left a path. How convenient." The second voice spoke, "They're heading for the border! I ain't waiting for you Viola!" Then, the footsteps turned into running and there was silence again.

I sighed and sat on the cold ground. I thought of Miles. Was he safe? Was he alright? But most importantly...

Was he still alive?