Needing You (Miles Edgeworth x Detective! Reader)

Requested by band_frick

Your Pov:

I sat at my desk, filling out various reports as the other detectives swarmed around. A big case had came up and all detectives were to focus solely on it. The prosecutor in the case was my boyfriend, Miles Edgeworth. He doubled the work on everyone, causing overtime to become a thing. Gumshoe was playing messenger for Miles and I. He'd bring me a report, I'd hand him a finished one, and he'd take it to Miles. This was killing me.

Miles and I lived together, so at home, things were worse. Miles would stay in his personal study doing work while I sat at the kitchen table doing my own. The tension was obvious. I sighed and held my hands to my temples. I felt a migraine coming on. I looked towards the clock. It was 11:30. Everyone besides Miles and I had went home. I only knew Miles was still here because I could hear his pacing on the floor above me. I placed the rest of the reports in a folder and stood up, my joints popping here and there. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw Miles.

He looked at me, "I think it's time we headed home." I nodded, "Yeah. Let's go." We headed out to the car and drove home. The ride there was comfortably silent. Once we got home, I grabbed my folder and headed inside with Miles right behind me. I went into the kitchen and sat at the table, resuming my work. Miles headed upstairs, leaving me alone. I filled out line after line, my hand cramping from hours of holding the pen. I heard Miles behind me, "You need to sleep, love." I looked over my shoulder at him, "I'm almost finished, Miles. You don't need to wait for me."

He sighed, "You've been working overtime every day since I've received that case. It's been 4 days. You need rest." I shook my head, "I am fine, Miles. Drop it." He spoke, "You are not fine. I care about you, and working like this isn't healthy." I slammed my hands on the table, "Just drop it Miles! You're no better! Before this case, it was like I didn't exist! I went to sleep alone and each night, I prayed to see your face in the morning, but you were never there! You had your nose too deep in your work to even realize how I felt!" He looked at me, "And I regret overlooking that, but you'll make yourself ill doing this."

I scoffed, "I'll make myself ill? That's funny. Last time I checked, I wasn't the one who assigned every detective overtime! So if it's anyone's fault, It's yours!" He was silent for a moment, "...I'm going to go for a walk. I'll be back." He walked away and I heard the front door open and close. All of the anger faded from my body and was replaced with regret. I stood up and went up to our room. I collapsed onto the bed and cried.

I always needed time on my own...I never thought I'd need you there when I cry! And the days feel like years when I'm alone! And the bed where you lie is made up on your side...

I sighed. I wanted Miles to hold me, but he was angry with me. So, I grabbed one of his pillows and held it.

When you walk away, I count the steps that you take. Do you see how much I need you right now?

I tossed and turned for a few hours before falling asleep. I woke up to a still empty bed the next morning. I sat up and looked in the mirror. I had raccoon eyes and my face was puffy. I got some clothes and took a shower.

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you! When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing too! When you're gone the words I need to hear to always get me through the day and make it OK.

I miss you...

I got out of the shower and dried off before getting dressed. I put on some make up to cover up the puffiness. I went downstairs and grabbed my folder before putting it in my bag.

I've never felt this way before. Everything that I do reminds me of you! And the clothes you left, they lay on the floor! And they smell just like you! I love the things that you do!

I looked towards the coat rack. It was barren. I left the house and headed to the precinct. At the precinct, the other detectives were running at the speed of light trying to get things done. As I walked past Miles' office, I heard him yelling at someone, "Get out of my office, detective!" The door opened and Gumshoe stumbled out.

When you walk away, I count the steps that you take! Do you see how much I need you right now?

I shook my head and walked to my desk. Reports covered every inch of its surface. I sat down and got to work. Since Miles' outburst, all of the detectives have been trying to avoid him. Especially Gumshoe.

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you! When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing too! When you're gone, the words I need to hear to always get me through the day...And make it okay...

I miss you...

None of the detectives would deliver my finished report to Miles, so I had to take it myself. I was dreading the confrontation. I approached his office door and knocked, "I have a new report sir." Miles' voice called out, "Come in, detective." I opened the door and hurried inside. I dropped the report on his desk, "Here's the report, sir." I turned to walk away when he grabbed my wrist. Before he could speak, I yanked my wrist out of his grip, "Don't." I walked out of his office and went to a private restroom.

We were made for each other! Out here forever! I know we were, yeah, yeah! All I ever wanted was for you to know, everything I do, I give my heart and soul! I can hardly breathe, I need to feel you here with me, yeah!

Once inside, I locked the door and slid down to the floor, burying my face in my hands. Teardrops landed on the cold tile floor, making no sound. The only noticeable noise was the sound of my sobs echoing against the walls.

When you're gone, the pieces of my heart are missing you! When you're gone, the face I came to know is missing too! When you're gone, the words I need to hear will always get me through the day, and make it OK.

I miss you...