The Pain of Beauty (Godot x Insecure! Reader)

Your Pov:

I sat on the couch watching tv. Godot was at work and I had nothing to do today. I flipped the channel and saw an ad for a plastic surgery of some kind. They showed a before and after picture of the woman. Her face looked brighter and flawless. I opened my phone camera and looked at my face.

If you weren't born with it, you can buy a couple ornaments. Just be sure to read the warning, kids!

I had bags under my eyes and I felt like my cheeks were too chubby. I looked gross. I turned my attention to the tv. They were now showcasing breast implants. They showed another before and after picture. That woman looked fantastic. I looked down at myself. I could stand to have a bigger cup size. At least Godot would think I was more attractive then.

While the tv played, I went to my room and opened one of the drawers. I pulled out the gel form breasts and put them into my bra. I adjusted them and turned to the mirror. I looked a little bit better, but not by much.

'Cause pretty soon you'll be bored of it, ha-ha! Sexual, hey girl, if you wanna feel sexual, you can always call up a professional! They stick pins in you like a vegetable, ha-ha!

I went back to the tv. Now, they were showing a woman getting botox injections. I poked at my face. My cheeks were too chubby. They showed her before and after photos. She looked so different, in a good way.

Kids forever, kids forever! Baby soft skin turns into leather. Don't be dramatic, it's only some plastic. No one will love you if you're unattractive!

I sighed. I couldn't understand why Godot loved me. My body type was unattractive, my face is too chubby, and I feel so gross. I continued watching as they applied makeup to another woman's face. After they finished, she looked flawless. Her skin looked smooth and her eyes were bright.

Oh Mrs. Potato Head, tell me! Is it true that pain is beauty? Does a new face come with a warranty? Will a pretty face make it better?

I grabbed my makeup bag and started to put it on. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I wanted to fix myself for Godot. I wanted to feel like I deserved him.

Oh Mr. Potato Head, tell me: How did you afford her surgery? Do you swear you'll stay forever? Even if her face don't stay together? Even if her face don't stay together?

They now showed the women all side by side. They all looked so perfect. They looked like the shapes people are supposed to fall in love with. I dropped my eyeliner and put my head in my hands. I cried. I felt like garbage. As I cried, a thought ran through my mind, 'All the make up in the world won't make you less insecure.' I pulled my hands away from my face. My hands had black on them from my eyeliner. My makeup was mixing with my tears and dripping onto the hardwood.

As I swallowed in my own self-pity, the front door opened, "Kitten, I'm home." I stayed frozen on the floor as his footsteps approached closer. I heard them stop a few feet from me, "Kitten, what happened?" I felt arms around me, lifting me and placing me in the couch. His thumb wiped away the tears on my cheeks. He spoke, "Why are you crying? I need you to tell me kitten." I stuttered out, "D-Do you love me?" He nodded, "Of course I do kitten." He then took notice of the gel forms in my shirt. He sighed and took them out, dropping them on the floor, "You don't need those, kitten. You don't need make up, fancy clothes, or surgery to make me love you. I love you for being you."

I bit my lip, "R-Really?" He nodded, "Really. Now, why don't we clean this up and get some coffee? It'll help calm you down." I nodded and stood up, "Ok." After we cleaned up, I hugged him, "Thank you." He looked at me, "For what kitten?" I smiled.

"For loving me."