Free Pt 7

Your Pov:

I sat in the cabin. Von Karma and his side kicks had left. They took Miles with them. I was alone. There were some books on the old, dilapidated shelves. I had read them all. Then, the sound of hoofbeats came from outside. I couldn't look out the window since the boards blocked my sight. The cabin door opened. Footsteps made their way to the room I was in. The door unlocked and swung open. Von Karma walked in.

He looked to be thinking. He spoke, "You have to be the princess. Show me the royal birthmark." I looked at him, confused, but complied. I pulled the shoulder of my dress down a few inches to show the birthmark. He lifted his hand to my shoulder. I flinched when his hand touched my skin. He was ice cold. He rubbed at the mark, then stopped. He nodded to himself, "Of course!" I fixed my dress as he spoke, "Ah! Just who I wanted to see." I sighed and bit my lip.

He continued, "So many problems. I'm here to help." I shook my head, "You can't change my mind or heart." He chuckled, "Too true. But I can provide the answer to saving your Kingdom. A little business venture of mine was very successful. You could say I "struck gold". I'm as wealthy as King Phoenix." I stayed silent. He continued, "Well your good luck has departed and your people soon will starve. Au revoir to your foie gras and cheese fondues. But because I'm so good-hearted half my fortune I will carve. I feel your pain, so how could I refuse?" I looked at him.

He was smirking "But to give me some incentive, there's just one thing I require. And it's something that you never even use. And it's nothing that inventive just the one thing I desire. That simple crown, yes, how could I refuse?" He pulled a small black box out of his pocket, "Oh, don't let your spirits falter I've a ring box in my hand, and I booked a band so grab your dancing shoes. And come with me to the altar! See the kingdom as you plan. Yes, marry me for how can you refuse? How can you refuse?"

He kneeled and opened the box.

I turned my head away and held out my hand to him

I turned my head away and held out my hand to him. He chuckled and I shivered as I felt the cold metal slip onto my ring finger. He stood straight, "Now, I'll take you back tomorrow. That king will leave by then." He turned and left the room. A few minutes later, I heard the sound of hoofbeats getting further away.

I needed to escape and I needed to escape now. I went to the door. I didn't hear the lock click after he left. I twisted the door knob and to my surprise, it was unlocked. I pushed it open and went to the front door. I unlocked it and stepped outside. There was a horse attached to a wagon. I approached the horse slowly and unhooked it from the wagon. I mounted the horse and rode into the woods. It was a while before I came upon the royal mines. The town was a few miles up. I tied the horse to a nearby tree and went inside.

It was quiet. As I walked through, I heard a clanking sound. I followed it to a locked door. I unlocked it and inside, I found Miles. I kneeled next to him, "Miles, you're alright! But why are you here?" He looked at me, "After they took me from the cabin, I woke up here. Are you alright?" I smiled at him, "I'm fine." His hand brushed over mine, touching the ring. He looked at it, then looked at me, "(Y/n), please tell me you didn't do what I think you did." I sighed, "I did."

He was interrupted by the door swinging shut. There was a click, signaling the door locking back. He spoke, "We'll talk about that after we get out of here." We tried forcing open the doors for hours to no avail. Miles sighed, "It's hopeless. I'm sorry, (Y/n)." I heard a thud and noticed a rock on the ground it rotated and I caught a glimmer of something in it. I picked it up. It had some type of crystal in it. I turned to Miles and spoke, "Do you know why I didn't want to marry the king?" He looked at me.

"You weren't ready to get married." I shook my head, "No, I was in love with somebody else. My best friend. The man who's taught me so much." He sighed sadly, "But I'm not a King. I can't give you what he can." I smiled and held up the rock, "I think you're like this." He looked confused, "A rock?" I nodded, "Unassuming on the outside, and a treasure within." He looked at me, "We'll get out of here somehow. I promise." We started to look around for another way up when I noticed light from above.

The ground above was cracked and sunlight was filtering through.